Reservations on my account are being accepted without my authority

Christopher603
Level 1
Dunedin, New Zealand

Reservations on my account are being accepted without my authority

I recently joined AirB&B and to my amazement found three Confirmed Reservations on my account, not confirmed by me. 

Is this a glitch?  Or what?  

7 Replies 7
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Christopher603, you probably have Instant Book switched on. Go into your listing, go to Booking Settings, then How Guests Can Book. Airbnb will put pressure on you to keep Instant Book on, but just ignore it. You can switch it back on anytime if you want, but recommend that you set it up so that only people with verified ID and previous recommendations from hosts can Instant Book. Happy hosting!

Thank you very much indeed Kath.  Much appreciated!  

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Christopher603, like @Kath9 said. And yes, IB is on as a default when you join. You might want to read up on the process before anything else catches you out. Good luck with those bookings! 

Thank you very much indeed Gordon.  Much appreciated!  

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Hey @Christopher603 what @Kath9 said is the way to go - check out those settings and it should sort it.

PS:  Hey did you get one of those letters the Dunedin council was sending out?  I don't think it would apply to you but I was curious how the AirBnb scene had been affected down there (if at all).

Dear Ben - 

Thank you very much indeed.  Much appreciated. I haven't received a letter from Dunedin Council. However I see a report on the net saying "Owners needed to let the council know if they were temporarily or permanently letting an entire house for short term visitors, had a self-contained living area for short-term visitors, or were letting rooms to more than five guests in their own home."  Best wishes! 

Christopher603
Level 1
Dunedin, New Zealand

Cheers everybody.  The experience from AirB&B has been so horrible, that I am looking for an ethical alternative. I don't wish to be associated with such a company. But thank you all for your feedback. Bless you all.