Review percentage metric for SuperHost

Kathi12
Level 1
Eugene, OR

Review percentage metric for SuperHost

Hi all,

We just started as hosts and are looking forward to becoming Superhosts soon. Question: in metrics, it shows we have 0% review rate when we actually have 75%. Is this not recalculated in real time? Thanks!

Mike

9 Replies 9
Katy-And-Javier0
Level 2
Sololá, Guatemala

Hey, same ...... i run a small hippy hostel in guatemala...... 5 rooms .... i have maintained super host for 7 times, , now  this quarter they show me a red 75 pper cent when my ratings are 83 per cent with over 200 reviews ....... not sure what this means 

@Kathi12 and @Katy-And-Javier0, one thing that has always confused me is this:

People consistently talk about the Review Rate for SuperHost as if this is the % of guests that review the host.

For me, the Review Rate for SuperHost seems to be what % of reviews I as the host write for guests.

Am I the only one whose Review Rate seems to be calculated this way?

@Kathi12, I assume you are writing reviews for all your guests?

Katy-And-Javier0
Level 2
Sololá, Guatemala

Ahh, got you , you are right , i have left a heap of reviews this high season , ok .... mmakes sense 

Katy-And-Javier0
Level 2
Sololá, Guatemala

Thanks , i 5 star away now xx

@Katy-And-Javier0 do you not leave reviews for all your guests then?

(I was just curious. I don't know what hosts usually do).

I used to leave reviews for every guest , i still review most , but not all

Rachael28
Level 1
Bath, United Kingdom

Hi, I am a superhost who hovers around 80 to 81%. What I'd like to know is if I get a 4* review and am on 81% I immediately go straight to 80%, however when I am on 80% it takes about 4 or 5 5* reviews to go back up!! How can this be and does anyone have an answer? Thanks!

@Rachael28 you sort of already understand how it works. It is a mathematical thing. 80% is 8 out of 10 reviews, or 4 out of 5. To maintain 80%, you need to average 4 reviews that are 5 star for every 1 that is not. The % will go up or down depending on if you have been over or under that ratio.

Tom722
Level 2
Anaheim, CA

City of Anaheim restricts short term stays, must be 30 days minimum.

This of course means a max of 12 reviews posted annually.

Hosts not restricted by this ordinance receive exponentially more reviews within a 12 month period whereby they are more insulated against the occasional 3 or 4 star review - makes it much easier to retain superhost status opposed to host with 10 or 12 max reviews per year.

IMO Airbnb needs to level the playing field for hosts in cities that restrict STR’s.

Side note: Anaheim’s city council is controlled by Disney exec’s and the hotel developer’s also lobby the council members with perks (bribes) to keep airbnb competitors (?) out of “their” market.

I hope an Airbnb mod will pass this along to proper team for consideration to update the metric for hosts forced to list 30 days or longer.

Just 1 less than 5 star review divided by my 9 total reviews would drop me from superhost status. Surely there are many others with this same concern.....