Cancelled booking

Christo12
Level 2
Pretoria, South Africa

Cancelled booking

Hi have cancelled a booking but the cottacge is available again for the same guests. It shows cancelled. How do I remove it for the guest to book again or if I can block those dates for their vist?

4 Replies 4
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Christo12 it looks like you have cancelled the booking yourself- (an automated cancellation message has been posted in your reviews) if you do this then Airbnb automatically block the dates from being booked again- this is one of the penalties for cancelling a guest stay.

You could perhaps get in touch with Airbnb customer services and see if there is anything they can do for you, but as you're an experienced host they may not be able to help.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Christo, why did you cancel on the guest? Airbnb will block the dates as a penalty because if you cancel a reservation they will assume you are not able to accommodate any guest for those dates. 

Christo12
Level 2
Pretoria, South Africa

I was supposed to keep it for familiy attending the local university. I cancelled the booking and now the cottage is available again, as it is not required for personal use anymore. My guest would like to re- book for the same dates.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Christo12, you will have to call Airbnb about this as you will not be able to unblock the dates yourself. In future, try to block dates ahead of time as there are strict penalties for cancelling reservations (understandably).