Potential Guests Dropping Inquiries - Maintaining Stats?

Andy48
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Potential Guests Dropping Inquiries - Maintaining Stats?

Hi - I have guests inquiring on the space, asking for a special discount - and then when they don't get the price they are hoping for - they are abandoning the requests but leaving the requests active.  Do I need to decline these requests or is there a better option?  

I am carefully watching my stats and know that declines contribute to my ranking on the site and potentially being taken off if I decline too many.

Shouldn't the guests be cancelling these requests when they are not pursuing them when they didn't get the discount they wanted?

Thank you!!!    Andy in Seattle WA USA

9 Replies 9
Tracey21
Level 1
Brookhaven, GA

Yes...go back to decline their request!
Michelle140
Level 5
Palmyra, VA

I am confused about this also... I declined one of the inquiries after they changed their mind, but I don't like doing that. There should be another option button =P

Mike77
Level 10
Bend, OR

If it is just an inquiry then you can dismiss it when you both are done.  You don't need to "decline" it, just dismiss it.

Mike

I'm guessing you mean "archive"? That sounds better...

Meighan1
Level 2
Chicago, IL

It probably is an inquiry, not a request. You don't need to do anything. If it is a request then accept it! It will be at your original rate.

I agree!  Immediately write back and explain that your rate stands, and of course you would be happy to host them at the full price rate so you have pre-approved them should they choose to book!

Jeanie3
Level 2
Wellington, New Zealand

Having experienced a few guests being surprised later on at my house rules after they make a booking (as they haven't bothered to read everything before they did) I like to send a message requesting that they confirm that they have read the rules before they book.  90% of the time this works fine but the big problem is the countdown of 24 hours to accept or decline if they are tardy in replying and hence it affects my stats. There needs to be some type of extension of the time if there is a coversation going back and forth between host and guest.  Airbnb seem to like to but as much pressure as possible on hosts to accept as many bookings as possible (and get their fees) rather than enabling hosts to be careful about who they let stay in what is often the most valuable asset they own.

Kika1
Level 8
Kloten, Switzerland

I didnt have any regrets about declining people so far, because airbnb was all about we don t punish you for declining guests. but this has change now, threatening with lower rankings when declining too many guests ,  but not saying how many is too many.... 

I believe - but cant find written confirmation of this, that 10 declines in a row is the red flag for AirBnB. And, to be fair, that seems pretty fair....