Confused about lack of bookings

Vanessa59
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Confused about lack of bookings

Hi,

I have been advertising my beautiful house in Brittany, France for well over a year now, and have had NO bookings at all.  I get very few enquiries, I can count them on one hand.  My house is very beautiful and I do not believe it is overpriced.

I also advertise with Owners Direct and had 8 weeks of bookings last year and have 12 weeks this year!  This shows me there is nothing wrong with either my prices or my property.

Can someone please take a look and see what is wrong with my listing please?  There has to be something I have done wrong?

Any help would be gratefully accepted.  Everyone raves about Air BnB but for me it has been a complete waste of time!!

Many thanks in advance

Vanessa

9 Replies 9
Mike77
Level 10
Bend, OR

Some people are not able to click on your picture and find your listing because the web site is doing crappy things.  It is best to put a link to your listing in your message.

Mike

Barbara190
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

Hi, I can't access your property either . regards barbara

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

Hi @Vanessa59, I found your listing with no problem on the first page of search results (Plonévez-du-Faou, 22-31 August, entire home filter set), the photos look inviting and the description is very detailed. I think you just have to keep plugging away. That's really no help to you I know but it's always difficult to know why guests don't book.

Julia66
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Your house is beautiful, the photos, description and pricing are good.  I'm very surprised that you don't have more enquiries.   You have a 7-night minimum booking, which is correct for your quality accommodation.  However, maybe there just aren't that many Airbnb guests looking for a week's stay.    (My guests usually stay for one night, however I myself have booked several listings for a week as a guest.)  What do other people think?

I would say that the 7 night minimum stay is the deal breaker.

Mike

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Personally we use Owners Direct if we want to rent a 'holiday home' for a week or two. I consider AirBnB to be for 2,3  ,4 night stays etc... I know not everyone will agree with that, but I think it is a fairly common misconception

I think your 7 night stay on the AirBnB site is the issue - I can't see any other reason for lack of bookings as your place looks great, the photos are good and the price is ok for your area too.

@Vanessa59  Looks like an amazing place. Only suggestion I have because you have no reviews.

You say "We live in the UK, so we will not be available to meet our guests, but they get the whole house to themselves!"

I don't know if you have someone meeting them or a local who is available for emergencies but might be worth adding that if you do.

Nothing worse than being stuck somewhere with no one to help.  Also, for security reasons,  it might be better not to mention you are so far away.

Kate1
Level 2
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Hi,

We too have many enquiries for our lovely Brittany house, but very few follow through with actual booking...the few we've had have given us great reviews.  We are superhosts in Sheffield and are very experienced hosts. We are busy every night in Sheffield, but tiny amount of bookings for Brittany. WHY ??

Mike77
Level 10
Bend, OR

This is just my opinion, but my guess is that AirBnB will at some point require hosts to buy better search positions.  My guess is that AirBnB will take the idea that Google has done and have hostes bid on better search positions in their listings.

We are seeing the start of that process now... good hosts with good money making listings are begining to see their listings fall in placement.  Listings that were once able to be found are now way down the list, or not found at all.

It is my guess that AirBnB will at some point offer the ability of hosts to buy their way back up the search "ladder" and become more prominent.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887