Discount for children staying with parents

Balázs1
Level 1
Stavanger, Norway

Discount for children staying with parents

Dear all,

It is a simple question, still I have not been able to figure out how to do it: How can I offer 50% discount for the children (0-18 years) travelling with their parents? Obviously, it is much more economic for a young couple to save 50%, and not pay a full price for their children, in case they are travelling together. Is there any simple and quick way in the "Pricing Settings"? Thanks for the tips. Best regards, Balazs

4 Replies 4
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Balázs1 I think the only way to do it is through the special offer feature. The pricing settings don't allow for exceptions to the X amount after X people rule. You can have it written on your listing, discuss it with your guests who want to book & then send the special offer when the booking request comes in. Hope that helps - Karen

Hi, Thanks for the tip! I will describe then in the listing details. In Norway, due to the large distances travelled by car, many times families with small children are visiting each other in towns (small towns) 200-400 km from each other, and not much motorways here, so it can be quite tiring to travel. We have been livign in other AirbandB places with our two children, that's why I thought of the children-discount. Thanks for the tip. Have a nice day! Best regards, Balazs

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Balázs1

Under 2's are automatically free on Airbnb. I don't discount for children as they cost the same for hosts in terms of breakfasts, towels, linens and far more normally in terms of wear and tear.

If you want to do this, mention it up front in your listing as a family-friendly property with big discounts.

You can then send them a special offer.

Hi, Thanks for the tip! I will describe then in the listing details. In Norway, due to the large distances travelled by car, many times families with small children are visiting each other in towns (small towns) 200-400 km from each other, and not much motorways here, so it can be quite tiring to travel. We have been livign in other AirbandB places with our two children, that's why I thought of the children-discount. Thanks for the tip. Have a nice day! Best regards, Balazs