Cancellation Policies

Nur15
Level 1
Tira, Israel

Cancellation Policies

When I try to check what happend if I cancel my reservation  17 days before check in 
It show to me that I will got only 50% refund , although before I booked the house 
it shows in the cancellations section full refund if I cancel 14 days before check in  ?! 
any explanation ? 
Thank You . 

4 Replies 4

@Nur0 

It depends on what cancellation policy the listing has. From what you are explaining I assume your host has a strict with grace period policy which means you only get 100% refund if you cancel within 48hr of making the reservation and all of this (the reservation & cancellation) is happening more than 14 days prior to the check in date. Even if it is 17 days before check in, if more than 48hrs has passes since you made the reservation, this means you are eligible for a 50% refund. 

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies

on the listing was :
Cancellations
Strict
Cancel within 48 hours of booking and 14 days before check-in to get a full refund. Cancel up to 7 days before check in and get a 50% refund (minus service fees). Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.

Call AirBnB you should not be charged 50% if it is prior to the 14 days. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Nur0 Out of curiosity and a major debate on another thread did you get a full refund after calling AirBnB?