guests leaving early

Trevor28
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

guests leaving early

I have a place across the road from the beach,so I never advertise I have a view except in a picture from the balcony which states "view from balcony",and not a patch of sea in sight.I'm very family orientated.

Elderly guests arrive and remark,where is the sea view-that is why we booked!!I explained that the beach is literally across the road and I never advertise a sea view.

Next morning -early call to say Electricity not working and no wifi.So I drive 100kms and its a dodgy kettle(never been a problem!) and teh wifi works!And i bought a new kettle and left a bottle of wine

Now they call to say they checked out because they could not sleep because the windows rattled in the wind!!

Do i refund these people-I really dont want to as I knew from the first moment that all they would do is complain-even told my wife they'd check out early

Never had that happen to me in 2 years

Advice please?

3 Replies 3

If the guests have left, they have the responsibility to contact Airbnb, cancel the remainder of their reservation and request a refund. They will need to prove they have moved out for cause or extenuating circumstance or will be held to your cancellation policy.

However they will likely win if the property is one of these two:  https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/9159321  https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6496669.  The first one is titled "On the beach" and the picture captions say "On the beach" over and over.  Heck, most of the picture are a view of the beach.  That's pretty misleading and makes it seem like you are, indeed, providing a sea view.  Airbnb may side with the guests on this one.   

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Trevor28 @Alice-and-Jeff0 Have to say I agree - your photoessays make it look like you are offering an on-beach property. I would not have these as your leading pictures - and perhaps only one, with tiltle like 'beach within a couple of minutes walk'

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Right on the beach!

Might want to redo your listing and some better more representative pictures.

David