how to turn off instant booking

how to turn off instant booking

how do I turn off instant booking? (I wasn't aware I'd turned it on!)

have been trying for ages to turn it off and I cannot find what to click. Please help!

20 Replies 20
Iris4
Level 3
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hi, @Elaine23When you click on "Host" then on "Manage listing", your listing name will appear with that "bolt" little icon, right? Have you tried to click on this bolt icon? I believe that when you click on it, it will turn off (or on) the instant book! Hope it helps (and sorry about my english)!

hi Iris

thanks so much for reply!

yes I did try that but nothing would work - so I contacted airbnb and the guy tried to do it for me and couldn't do it either so went to the tech team. I phoned again this morning and apparently it was fixed to go like that as an experiment and they have now taken it off for me. Thank goodness - I was getting really worried as I'm not even supposed to have it as I'm new and I definitely filled it in to not have it. Scary!

thanks again!

hello, can you tell me the number you phoned to.

or can you send me that number on 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Isabella15,

Welcome to the Community Center. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing a problem with this.

In terms of getting in touch with the Support Team I would recommend you take a look at the Community Help Guides (which have been created by hosts here in the CC) which includes a range of useful information including a guide on the different ways of how to contact the team. You can also use the search bar in the CC and type in 'contact' and a large amount of information in discussions will be displayed. 

Also, as your post is publicly visible for safety reasons I have removed your public information (email address) from you post. 

I hope this is helpful.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I have the same problem. Just made first Listing, but it is automatically for instant booking, but I would like to have Request to book, as the dates are changing. Please advise.

@Lizzie hope You can help me.

Deborah62
Level 1
Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong

I think when you list a place on Air Bnb, the instant book is automatically placed on the account. I've tried to turn it off on my listing and when I called the customer service, they told me they couldn't do that, but would have someone call, which hasn't happened. I've placed my listing on snooze because I had two different people book my place on instant book today. I live on the other side of the world from my listing and I have help with the house from someone else so the instant book is not good for us.

I am having the same issue. I cannot turn off instant book. I will try calling AirBnb. Thanks for the information.

but that does not apear now !?   in my listing 

Sim0
Level 1
South Padre Island, TX

Correct,  If it is yellow it will turn green when you click on the lightening bolt indication that instant booking is off.

"Host" and "Manage Listings" there is only Listing name with no bolt to press on. It gives Listed... Name, adress, "Calendar and More" and "preview".

Help @Lizzy0

Please help me with this too!

I contacted airbnb, and they solve it out in a few days.They said it was

a bug in a system.Do not worry, yust contact them.Regards

Hi

Could you please tell me how did you contact Customer Service? I'm seriously havng a hard time trying to find some help. I'm still having the same problem.