extra guest not paying

Joyce39
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

extra guest not paying

I am a new host. My first guest is due on thanksgiving day. How does airbnb pay the host?

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You need to do a lot of reading of the basics regarding AirBnB - reservations; enquiries vs requests, payment and cancellations in particular.

If you have a confirmed reservation it will be blocked out in your calendar with your guest's name. In addition, if you go to Your Reservations, you should see the booking with 'Accepted' beside their name.

Both of these mean you have a confirmed and paid for booking. AirBnB will transfer payment to you approx 24 hours after the guest checks in. How long the payment takes to reach you depends on your pay out choice. Paypal tends to be immediate and with no charges, banks can take longer and depending on your bank, etc there may be additional charges.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Joyce39,

Welcome to the Community Center. Just to add to @Gerry-And-Rashid0's tips, I thought you might also find it useful to take a look at this post with Tips for new hosts here in the CC. 

Good luck with your first guests. Exciting times! Let us know how it goes. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.