LISTING REMOVED

Peter6
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

LISTING REMOVED

Hola,

I have received an email from Airbnb Customer Experience telling me the they are going to remove one of my four listings because I'm not delivering the kind of hospitallity experience to my guest.

I’m in shock ! There are a lot of work and effort behind this listing and I have never received a complaint about it….NEVER !!

Actually my rating from guest are great:

Last 3 ratings were each 5 stars. Overall, I’ve received 5 stars 86%of the time. On average, hosts near me get 5 stars 57% of the time.

My current guests are happy in my apartment and they are enjoying it.

Has somebody has some similar experience ??

All the best !!

Peter

120 Replies 120
Sergi
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Alejandro6

I'm afraid I can't help you more than Lizzie.

I am really sorry to read your level of uncertainty and I would like to be more usefull but we personally have no more information on this at the moment.

Regards.

-----

Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Rene2
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

same here, my listing is removed. I just can not understand Airbnb handles their superhosts like this

Out of the blue Airbnb blocked my listing by sending me a very general email, with no specific reason. Since the email said I was not giving my guests an authentic and local expierience I regarded the email as being spam.  It turned out different.

I tried contacting Airbnb to find out what happened, but for weeks in bump into walls. The help desk can not give me information about what happened and they can only tell me they forwarded my request to the right department, as an urgent matter. I have to wait for their answer, no one seems to be able to contact this department. And since a few weeks no one came with an answer so far. 

Are there other hosts with the same experience? I am based in Amsterdam and was told that I am not the only host this happens to at the moment. Help would be very nice, since this is a very uncertain and stressful period. 

Thank you,

Rene

Hello Rene,

There  is a whole group of (super)hosts in Amsterdam who lost there listing without any reason. They are communicating with each other trough facebook Airbnb Host Amsterdam. Good luck!

Anne Marion

Hi Anne Marion,

Thanks for letting me know!

I am not on facebook myself, but I will ask my girlfriend Wendy to have a look.

I noticed the same happened to you. Did you also get no response from airbnb yet?

Best, rene

Hello Rene,

We all had no response from Airbnb. I called and emailed several times but they couldn't help me or they forward my email to a so called qualityteam. After a few days I gave up. According to the guests and airbnb I am a superhost, but I was treated as I was a bandit. I'm very disappointed in the service Airbnb towards their hosts, but unfortunately I still have to use them to keep my b&b running.

Some hosts are going to fight this. You can also find them on fb.

Good luck!

Anne Marion

If you are not the only one and listings are being removed from your area then there is a lot less competition and you can try listing on other sites. After hosting only three years, legally, about half of my revenue is from airbnb, the other from other sites and locals. Airbnb was a good way to start up, but now I am advertising, handing out business cards and I am listed with the provincial tourist bureau.

Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

@Anne-Marion0 and @Rene2

I just came across online newspaper article today, which may shed some light on what is going on in Amsterdam ( and possibly, Barcelona as well??):  

http://www.nltimes.nl/2016/01/13/airbnb-drops-amsterdam-properties-for-violating-hotel-laws/

Excerpt from the article: 

"In December Airbnb removed at least 170 Amsterdam accommodations from the site because they do not comply to the company’s rules, the Volkskrant reports after speaking to individuals who rent out their homes on Airbnb.

According to the newspaper, the owners of the 170 Amsterdam accommodations received an email from Airbnb early in December stating that their ad would be removed by December 23rd. The reason in the email was that those accommodations do not provide “the authentic travel experiences that Airbnb guests look for.”

The company did not respond with exact figures in the Volkskrant’s article, but a spokesperson for the Amsterdam municipality did say that the removed accommodations involved “apartments which clearly act as illegal hotels in the eyes of Airbnb.”

Unfortunately the article in yesterdays newspaper was not accurate. I have contactad the writer of the aricle and told her that there is a group of hosts who are running a registed B&B and following the rules. I have contacted the municipality and asked them if there where any complains in neighbourhood. They said that there aren't any and my registed B&B isn't a illegal hotel according to the municipality. I have two listings of two rooms in one house, one of them has been removed by Airbnb for no reason.....I think that is very strange....

However the host mentioned in the article rented his house for more then 60 days per year and that is illegal if you have not a B&B.

Hi Anne Marion,

I was also not very happy with the article. Airbnb came out quite positive and nothing was said about that Airbnb does not contact the hosts to find out their specific situation. Like in your case. If they would have phoned you or if it was possible to contact someone from Airbnb, you could have discussed your sitiuation and let them know that you are legal.

Kelly3
Level 10
Seoul, South Korea

@Rene2

I agree - Airbnb should have at least notify the hosts about the situation.

And, @Rene and @Anne Marion, where can I find the conversation between the Amsterdam hosts on Facebook excactly?

Anyway I think it might be a good idea to join forces and fight this unjust together.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Thank you Queenie & Ted for your advise but I don't have tweeter and the Customer Service doen't know anything. I don't know what can I do ?

Best Regards,

Peter

Ana_Mark0
Level 1
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Dear Peter,

I'm experiencing the same problem. I received an email informing me that they I have violated the TOS numerious of times and that they will cancel my account. I'm also in shock because I have not violated any of the rules. The only thing I can think about that is not correct is that I don't have a license number. But if that is the reason than they can close 80% of all listings in Barcelona.

I have called customer service numerious of times and they have been totally useless. They say that they will forward my complaint to the department in charge but I have only received 3 times the same standard email saying that they don't need to give me an explanation and that the decision is irrevocable.

I cannot believe that a company like Airbnb would treat their customers like that. I have good reviews and my apartment was completely renovated and looks so much better than many of the crap listings in Barcelona. I spend so much time in corresponding with guests.

So if they feel they need to delete a very successful listing, so be it. However I am very angry on how they treat you and they cannot spend 5 minutes in just giving you the reson for cancelling it.

BTW, the email I received is exactly the same as yours, with the end date of 8 December 2015. 

Kind regards,

Ana

Hi Ana&Mark,

Yes, this is very upsetting... I can't imagine why they are doing this w/o any explanation.

What are you going to do ?

What can we do ?

It's so unfair and overbearing !!!

All the Best,

Peter

Ana & Mark, I saw your listing, its nice! But your photos are aweful. Why don't you use airbnb free photographer service? With better photos you can manage your listing way better!