Complicated booking and payment that I am not sure how to rectify

Tanja21
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Complicated booking and payment that I am not sure how to rectify

I took two seperate bookings from a guest who wanted to split the payment between two credit cards. However, the amount then went up to more than we agreed on due to additional booking fees, so the only option we figured was to cancel the one booking.  What I didn't realise was that I couldn't extend the first one after cancelling the second one because now those dates are blocked off. So, I have a great 2 week booking in peak season, but only 1 week booked with Airbnb. Of course I don't want to take payment outside of Airbnb, but I can't figure out how to reslove this with them. 

Any tips and ideas?

(of course learning curb has been big and i know not to do this mistake again!)

5 Replies 5
Kieran2
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

Adjust the price of the days not blocked so it makes it up to the price for the total stay, it won't let u change it while its booked, u have to send an alteration to the guest for a shorter trip, once they accept u can change the price of the free'd up days to make it up to the correct price and then send them another alteration to cover the days with the changed price to make the total up to the desired ammount.

Just thinking that probably means u wouldn't be covered under the host insurence etc for the bit of the trip they stayed that was blocked on airbnb, I've never cancelled a booking so I don't know but don't they just open it up again if u contact them and explain

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Tanja21 I suggest that you contact AirBnB, explain that the original guest wants to extend the booking, and ask them to unblock.

Here's how to Contact Airbnb.

Tanja21
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Thankds Dede, the link to how to contact airbnb is really comprehensive! Thanks so much. 

@Tanja21 Full disclosure: I didn't create the writeup about ways to contact AirBnB. Like almost everything else I pretend to know here, I "lifted" it from some far more experienced hosts. I forget who, but it was probably either @Clare or @Dave & Deb. They have authored a whole set of helpful documents, which you can find at Community Help Guides.

Also, as you gain experience yourself, consider popping into the CC forums once in awhile and responding to a few questions from newbies or any other confused or panicked host.