Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide

-----------------Update June 5th 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available, click here to view

-----------------------------------------------

This, I believe, is the most common question on the Community Center.  Below is a "How To" guide on contacting Airbnb via Twitter and/or by calling their Customer Support Line.

Here are 3 easy ways to contact Airbnb:

1. Airbnb Community Experts
  2. Via Twitter Direct Message @Airbnbhelp
  3. Calling Airbnb

1. Contacting Airbnb's Community Experts

The easiest and quickest way to get answers to any issues is through contacting Airbnb's Community Experts.  If they cannot answer your question, they have the ability to re-route you to Airbnb

Step 1: Visit https://www.airbnb.ca/help/contact_us

Step 2: From the bottom of the screen, choose either "My question is about something else" or "I have a different issue"

Step 3: Follow the prompts to figure out what best describes your issues.  Some things you choose will take you to specific information whereas others you can fill in the text box and submit your question.  

When you submit a question, you can expect an answer back from a Community Expert within five minutes but usually less.  If the Community Expert cannot help you, they can re-route your issue to Airbnb who will then contact you.  Airbnb Community Experts do not have access to your account information so if it is a question that can only be answered with account information, they will re-route you automatically.  Airbnb Community Experts are available 24/7 and again, usually you will have an answer from them within minutes.

2. Contacting Airbnb Via Twitter

I find the second best and easiest way to contact Airbnb regarding any issues I may be having is by using Twitter.  Airbnb seems to have dedicated staff who monitor their Twitter feeds and I usually hear back from them within 5-10 minutes of posting my isssue.

Step 1: Log into Twitter

Step 2: Search for @Airbnbhelp and choose "Follow" them

Step 3: Send a Direct Message (DM) explaining your issue and wait for their response.  They may ask for information such as your listing but always provide it over DM so it is not public.

3. Calling Airbnb's Customer Experience Line

***Please note that these phone numbers and any numbers below are meant for URGENT MATTERS so it is best to use the above two methods first***

Here are the phone numbers for Airbnb.  If the area where you are hosting is not listed, check out the two ways below this list in order to find their number for your area.

United States and Canada +1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)
Argentina +54 11 53 52 78 88
Australia +61 2 8520 3333
Austria +43 72 08 83 800
Brazil +55 21 3958-5800
Chile +56229380777
China +86 10 5904 5310
400 890 0309 (shared-cost)
Denmark +45 89 88 20 00
France +33 1 84 88 40 00
Germany +49 30 30 80 83 80
Greece +30 211 1989888
Hong Kong

+852 5808 8888

India

000 800 4405 103 (toll-free)

Ireland +353 1 697 1831
Israel +972 3 939 9977
Italy +39-06-99366533
Japan +81 3 4580 0999
+81 800 100 1008 (toll-free)
Mexico +52 55 41 70 43 33
Netherlands +31 20 52 22 333
New Zealand +64 4 4880 888
Norway +47 21 61 16 88
Peru +51 1 7089777
Poland +48 22 30 72 000
Portugal +351 30 880 3888
Puerto Rico +1 787 919-0880
Russia +74954658090
88003017104 (toll-free)
South Korea +82 2 6022 2499
+82 808 220 230 (toll-free)
Spain +34 91 123 45 67
Sweden +46 844 68 12 34
Switzerland  +41 43 50 84 900
United Kingdom                +44 203 318 1111               

How To Get Airbnb Contact Number If It Is Not Listed Above? (Option #1)

Step 1: Log into your Airbnb account and choose "Your Reservations" from the "Host" dropdown list.

your reservations.png

Step 2: From your list of reservations, choose "Print Confirmation".

print confirmation.png

Step 3: The "Itinerary" from the reservation you chose will load in a new tab.  Scroll down and on the right hand side, you will see a section for "Customer Support".  Look below and you will see a phone number listed for your area.

support.png

How To Get Airbnb Contact Number If It Is Not Listed Above? (Option #2)

Step 1: While logged into your account, scroll down to the bottom of any page and select the "Help" link.

help.png

Step 2: This will then take you to the Help Center.  Select "Resolve Issue" from the list of options on the left.

1 contact.png

Step 3: This will then show you your reservations.  Go to the bottom of your reservations and choose, "My question is about something else".

2 contact.png

Step 4: Choose the "Urgent" tab.

3 contact.png

The phone number for Airbnb in your area will be displayed.

4 contact.png

[This post is an updated version of the original post]

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

143 Replies 143
Helen0
Level 10
Manchester, United Kingdom

Thank you so much for this. All the email addresses that used to work for Airbnb customer service just bounce back now and the number I had has changed. It is so frustrating when I need to get in touch - wasn't even aware of the 'help' Twitter account. I have saved this How To and will share it will the 100+ hosts in our local online group (the one they're going to be taking away from us!). Really appreciate you doing this. 

When you follow the route through reservations and "print confirmayion" airbnb no longer provides a phone number.  Its really impossible to find that phone number online through the site.  The Help Centre no longer offers a contact us option and even the route through trust and safety is gone.  I think they are discouraging calls altogether.  There is even a window that says they are there, in person 24/7 with a "contact us" link but it takes you to the community and other frequently asked questions.  I've tried many,many times and noticed previous options disappear.  Too bad.  Facebook works well though.  Does make me worried about what to do if there really ever was an emergency.

Same here...the only thing possible is " ask community" or " feedback" and here: never any answers '..up untillna few months ago , they had a great helpdesk , now i m lost !? Such a pity ... Even being a superhost , they tell you : you get quicker answers and help ...i don t get any help at all!? Are these the changes the new boss talks about !? Being herself a host??i dont get it ...there is just no way to contact them 

You said it all!

Marie-Agnes1
Level 3
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Yes it is very frustrating not to be able to contact Airbnb, specially when it involves a guest wanting to book your flat but at the wrong price given to them by Airbnb without your consent! In my case they were offering my flat at less than half the price I was asking for, by what they call "special offer" to the guest. Really annoyed as I am more than likely to get the right price for that flat. 

I have been desperately trying to contact Airbnb for weeks now, and this morning alone I've spent over an hour looking on the site for some way to do so. It's been very frustrating. So glad to have finally come across this post, but after hositng for nearly 5 years, I'm sad that this was so difficult. I need an issue resolved, that hasn't happened before, and I've just spent entirely too much of my morning struggling with this. Now I have to make the phone call and I'm sure it will take another good chunk of time to get this totally cleared up. Hopeful anyway now that I actually have a number. 

Ok I have to follow up. I went the Twitter and phone call route and after a morning of searching for contact info, the issue was resolved in less than 5 min. Oh my goodness. Thank you!! 

Mark190
Level 3
Exeter, United Kingdom

The system is now stacked in airbnb favour!

It costs money to have people answering the phone,and now airbnb are so big they will become like ebay.They only want the money.

Option #2 of the post still works and shows the phone contacts

I dont have twiter,only FB,calling AirBnb is only for emergency and this third option"contact Airbnb Community Experts"is not ok for me cause I really cant find "My question is about something else" or "I have a different issue"at the bottom of this page.So its very confusing and if I leave AirBnb it will be only because terrible communicatios between me and them.I dont have time for playing and losing my time on trying to contact them.Other sites are much much better,and you can resolve all problems very quickly.With AirBnb is very difficult to find solutions for any problem that can happen.I'm very dissapoitment about all this...but thank you for your answer.

Rohan2
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

Call them mate, their number is not just for emergencies. Trust me, you call them up and your problem will be solved in 10 minutes flat. I did just that this afternoon, and the were really helpful. Do yourself a favour and pick up the phone right now, you won't be disappointed. If you can't validate your number, just keep pushing # when they ask your for your number. After 3 tries you'll be put through to someone. 

Friedrich0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Right if you find the number to call.in the past I found,every thing get solved fast and smoothly.Only to find a number is like Groundhog day!You run in circle!It takes my 4 hour to find contact numbers for Airbnb.Now I store them in my phone,but still I ask me why? Why you make this so complicat?If I don't response fast you will down grad me and why Airbnb can not response in the same way?

I totally agree with you. They are pretty smart. They dont want to talk to you and have the forum running

thier customer support.  If they turn enough of us off maybe they will not think its so smart.?

Personnaly I dont want to talk to community members I want to talk to AIRBNB.

Ed

Hello Helen

Thank you for your kind assistance. I have followed your instructions and waiting for Airbnb reply. Kind Regards Zu