Are Your Stats Out of Whack? Let's Compare!

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Are Your Stats Out of Whack? Let's Compare!

I would love to know how many people have stats that are out of whack like mine are.  I am not trying to see who is busier than us but what the descrepancies are.

Airbnb Dashboard (Chrome):

For December, I have a total of 5 views and 1 request

Dashboard   Airbnb.png

Airbnb Android App:

For December, I have a total of 28 views and 0 requests

views.png

Airbnb iPad App:

For December, I have a total of 34 views and 1 request

views2.PNG

I would love to hear what your stats are like.  You do not need to have images but just report what the "Views", "Requests", and "Reservations" are for December.  I hope Airbnb can fix this issue.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

8 Replies 8
Clay0
Level 10
Denver, CO

For December

4 Requests

3 Reservations

Natasha0
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

My stats are pretyt much flat close to zero, but I got a few bookins.

The stats are just not working for me for several months now

Helena9
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

So I am not the only one 🙂

I have 2 listings and the stats for January for views show:

1.  Web:  12 (do I have to mention that yesterday was 14?)

App:  32

2. Web:  55

App:  167

Inquiries and requests are correct in both cases.

Nevertheless, it's crazy 🙂

Alan14
Level 2
Bath, United Kingdom

The stats have been a pile of rubbish for a long time.   As well as the pronblems you guys have seen, I have seen the comments about by last 3 reviews being 5 star then at next review last 4 reviews being five star but then the count of total reviews or five star reviews was not increasing.  On other occasions I have even seen my total number of reviews go down.

This is not good in my opinion because superhost status is based on the stats - stats I am not sure we can trust.  Its a shame because everything else is so brilliant about Airbnb (in my humble opinion)

I have tried raising this but we all know how difficult it can be to report problems.  When I managed to get engaement with someone, It took a long time for the person to get what I was trying to say (through quite a lot of emailing).  Probably me not explaining myself very well!!

I finally got a "we are aware of the problem and the tech guys are working on it" type of message.  That was about 6 months ago and I dont think things have got any better.  Must be a difficult problem to fix.

Roslyn-and-Yossi0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I just posted the same question, not realizing it has already been brought up.  Has anyone received a straight answer from Airbnb about this?

March Web   81 views 5 requests 3 bookings

March App 267 views 4 requests 4 bookings

Mine are too, but it's just early days so no requests/bookings.

For those with requests/bookings, it is a bit easier to verify which source is more reliable, i.e. I guess you know whether you actually had 4, 5 or X bookings. So in the future you can rely on the stats which were reported by that device.

John137
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Does anyone have an answer for this?

My stats read

views by search date last 30days (Internet) 86

views by trip date (April) 28

app views this month (April) 401

The app always has considerably more views.

Yvonne86
Level 2
Santa Clara, CA

There is now a huge discrepancy between the phone application app view and those showing on the computer browser web statistics.

On December 12th 2016, this discrepancy between the web views and the phone app views suddenly took a large jump from 62 views the day before to 253 views.  The  bookings also seem to favor slightly higher numbers, so I also don't trust these as well, but can track these myself.

This pattern has continued to today.

Up until December 12th 2016, the app views for the month were within stone throwing distance the web 30 day views (if you have a good throwing arm).

For example, on November 25th 2016, the App views were 58 for 25 days, and the 30 day web wiews were 53.

A better comparison, the app views for November on the 31st was 78 (31 days),   the 30 day web views on December 3rd were 45.  App views being 1.7 times web view.

Now, the December 31st 2016 app views were 699,  the 30 day web views for the same day were 133.

That's 5.2 times as many app view as web views.

As of today, my app view are already at 273,  6th of January 2017.

Still not fixed or explained.

I also would like to know what the search was for those views.  i.e. was it for tomorrow for a 2 day stay, or for 2 months in the future for a 20 day stay.  I wonder if airbnb could give us a way to download the raw data for placing in a spreadsheet for analysis.  I saw an interview with the CEO and he said that they were struggling to keep up with the increasing demands created by the volumn on their web systems.  

So, we might have to "yell" loudly if we want to be heard.

Anyone up for calling airbnb on this issue.  Do you know a programmer on the team you could talk to?

There is also this thread

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Views-discrepancy-on-mobile-and-web/td-p/96160