Views discrepancy on mobile and web?

Zac-and-Suny0
Level 2
Geelong, Australia

Views discrepancy on mobile and web?

Does anyone else have an issue with a very substantial discrepancy between the views page on the Airbnb mobile app and the 'stats' page on the website?

They could not be more different for us. The more detailed 'stats' page captures maybe 1/5 of the views that we believe we are generating. Granted this is not a terribly important issue, but we do adjust our pricing partially based on view generated.

Here is the comparison for May 2016:

Web Viewsvs Mobile:

Mobile Views

Thoughts?

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Zac-and-Suny0,

Nothing seems to change: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Are-Your-Stats-Out-of-Whack-Let-s-Compare/m-p/7186#M1259

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi,

I also have the same situation and I used to think it was because the mobile gives the whole month and on desktop it gave me the last 30 days. But as I work with stats all the time, I wanted to put together a graph to follow my progression as I only started hosting less than 2 months ago and I started to follow my stats daily. I believe only the views change, since in my case, the requests and bookings are the same, although they are delayed on the desktop version as is mentioned on the site. So my take on this is that the views are directly related to where they occured, i.e. there are much more views happening on the mobile versions than on the desktop.

Unfortunately, I can't go back in time to see my mobile views and now I only have the month of July.

I am planning to ask airbnb about this and I will let you know if I find something.

I've noticed the same thing.  You could basically take Johanne's entire post and post it for me in her exact words.  I'd sure like to know the true statistics.

Yvonne86
Level 2
Santa Clara, CA

On December 12th 2016, this discrepancy between the web views and the phone app views suddenly took a large jump from 62 views to 253 views.  The  bookings also seem to favor slightly higher numbers, so I also don't trust these as well, but can track these myself.

This pattern has continued to today.

Up until December 12th 2016, the app views for the month were within stone throwing distance the web 30 day views.

For example, on November 25th 2016, the App views were 58 for 25 days, and the 30 day web wiews were 53.

A better comparison, the app views for November on the 31st was 78,   the 30 day web views on December 3rd were 45.

Now, the December 31st 2016 app views were 699,  the 30 day web views for the same day were 133.

That's 5.2 times as many app view as web views.

As of today, my app view are already at 273,  6th of January 2017.

Still not fixed or explained.

Probably better to post on this thread.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Are-Your-Stats-Out-of-Whack-Let-s-Compare/m-p/7186#M1259