Airbnb iphone app

Daniel236
Level 3
Dallas, TX

Airbnb iphone app

My app is showing that I have a message, but when I go into the app, there is not message.  MY thought was there is a notification somewhere that I am missing and need to view, in order for it to be marked read.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Also, I tried deleting and re-installing the app but the ghost message notification still shows.

Thank you.

75 Replies 75
Ken40
Level 2
Kitanakagusuku, Japan

Deb
Which iPhone models (ver. of iOS?) are you using?
Thanks
Ken

Bert7
Level 1
Antwerp, Belgium

I have the same problem! And very irritating because now you don't know if you have a new reservation or a question of a future guest. I keep on checking my phone all the time and this frustrating me! 

I hope this will be fixed very soon!

I dislike ghost messages

Ken40
Level 2
Kitanakagusuku, Japan

As suggested:

Remember to send a BUG REPORT this may help us get a sollution more quickly!

*person with heart icon, bottom right / scroll down to "Give us feedback"

Ken40
Level 2
Kitanakagusuku, Japan

I got a new reseravtion request and the app rang!  <<<Very happy abou that.>>>  The 'ghost' message "1" is still there, but it is a bit easier to accept since the system at least notified me of the new reservation request.  I hope this means the app is getting some work done on it and will be back up running in stellar shape soon.  I wonder if the bug reports have anything to do with it.  Thanks for others reporting the trouble.  It helps me to feel like I am not just going crazy and doing something wrong myself.  Good community.

Lucia112
Level 2
Turin, Italy

Same here, iphone 6, i have 3 notifications since weeks,

what saves me from losing new reservations is the fact I get mails in my inbox at the same time,

but it's clear there's a problem with the app. Just wrote a review directly from the App Store on the app reviews desk,

hope they'll correct it.

Ian-and-Stacey0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Same here... It's driving me crazy

I just updated the app but nothing happened. Still frozen at 1 massage

Yes, the app has been updated today, Sep 6 and the "1" notification badge is still there, but I heard a notification sound last night. Is the notification sound fixed for others?

I downloaded the app update, too and the ghost 1 is still on my iPhone. Feedback in the app was sent with this update. Please send in your feedback, too. Thank you.
Evangeline1
Level 1
Burbank, CA

There is a small number 1 next to the Airbnb App on my iphone. Coincidentally, since it has been there,(for the past 2-3 weeks) I have not received one inquiry or booking. Prior to this, I was booked solid. could this have anything to do with it? I have tried everything to get rid of it. I have no messages, questions, pendings, nothing.

Nick76
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Could it be that a review is pending? I have the same issue...app notification but no message. However, I do have two guests that need to be reviewed.

I wonder if the problem is limited to people who logged in using an email address instead of facebook.  When I tried to resolve the issue of an errant notification badge and no actual notifications by logging out and logging back in, I discovered that I can no longer log in with an email address.  I do NOT wish to link the AirBNB app to Facebook so I'm waiting for a resolution and the return of email logins and simply relying on text notifications.

Brilliant!  I logged out.  Logging in is only allowed by connecting via Facebook, Google or Weibo.  Not excited about to connected via Google but the ghost number is gone.  Thank you for the solution.

THANK YOU soooo much. i just logged out and then looged in with google acount, and ghost message is gone. Thank You !!1

DISASTER ! After one new read message, its frozen at 1 again...