Airbnb iphone app

Daniel236
Level 3
Dallas, TX

Airbnb iphone app

My app is showing that I have a message, but when I go into the app, there is not message.  MY thought was there is a notification somewhere that I am missing and need to view, in order for it to be marked read.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Also, I tried deleting and re-installing the app but the ghost message notification still shows.

Thank you.

75 Replies 75
Aimee11
Level 2
Cardiff, United Kingdom

I'm having the same issue, it's so annoying! Hopefully someone can help!
Karen77
Level 10
Montrose, CO

Me too!  

Joao20
Level 1
Alcochete, Portugal

Hi Daniel!

Im having the same issue and I cant find what is missing to be seen. Since u also have this happening to you, and another person has the same complaint, I believe it is something that Airbnb has to fix. Must be a minnor bug.

Best,
Joao
Shona3
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

Hey Daniel,

I'm also having the same issue. As a developer myself I would say there is a glitch in the software That seems to be reflective of the last number of messages received prior to the issue arising. Entirely possibly Airbnb isn't even aware of yet, so thanks for posting!
Shona
Jan99
Level 1
Sarasota, FL

Same here. Badge on airbnb app icon shows 1 message, but it is wrong. Tried reloading app, tried turning off phone... This usually resets badge, as I have had this problem several times, but this time it doesn't fix the problem.
Rachella0
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

I've had the same issue for a while, now. I ended up deleting the app because it became so irritating.

Me too . I'm confused about how we alert Airbnb to an issue like this but glad it's not just me! I won't bother deleting and reinstalling the app, thanks everyone!
Daniel236
Level 3
Dallas, TX

Within the app, I sent a message detailing the issue.  I would hope they watch these community forums, too. If not, the more people who send in a message about the issue, the quicker something with get done.  

Now that I know I am not the only one this is happening to, I can ignore it.  Strength in numbers.

Thank you all for replying.

Me too, in fact it's the reason I'm reading this forum. Glad to hear I'm not missing anything vital! I'll see what I can do to message Airbnb about the glitch too.

Me too.  It is SO ANNOYING.  I have sent in a complaint to the App site.  No help, just a response no reply email.

Hope they fix it.

Ken40
Level 2
Kitanakagusuku, Japan

Yes, I have had this same issue for some time now.  I have not been able to resolve it either.  I think it's a big problem now because I have to keep checking to see if there are requests.  It may affect hosts response times if they start to ignor the 'ghost' message notification.  My app didn't ring either when I got a request tonight.  I'm afraid if the app begins to not work correctly it will adversly change the ease of the whole Airbnb system.

Concerned.

Also, there is no easy way it seems to notify Airbnb about this.  I may try to phone tomorrow.

Same here for 5 days since last update. Tryed everything and nothing helps.

Same here for 5 days since last update. Tryed everything and nothing helps. Not getting notification or sounds at all.

Same here for 5 days since last update. Tryed everything and nothing helps. Not getting notification or sounds at all.