Airbnb Deliberately Wastes Our Time By Making It Impossible To Contact Them

Leon7
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

Airbnb Deliberately Wastes Our Time By Making It Impossible To Contact Them

I while ago I tried to contact Airbnb, and after a long, frustrating time searching through your irritating help sections, I eventually figured out that I could not email you, and I had to phone you, and finally I found the number. Then a week or so ago, I needed to do so again. Unfortunately I could not remember how. So I wasted another twenty frustrating minutes trying to do it again. And then today, I wanted to just find the phone number and again, I wasted another 10 minutes trying to find the numbers. Yes, I have now bookmarked the page.

Why does Airbnb make it so hard to contact them? Because they know that if they make it difficult, they won't have to pay ten bucks an hour for someone to help us because some of us will just give up in frustration and do something else. This is an absolutely disgusting policy and anyone here should be insulted by it. It wastes the time of all of us, and is deliberately frustrating. It's supposed to make us give up.

Airbnb: stop deliberately wasting our time. Put a few of those billions of dollars into actually providing the service which you claim to provide.

5 Replies 5
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Leon7,

I have had just the opposite experience trying to get through to Airbnb and have never had an issue contacting them.  

Also, if you want your message to get to Airbnb, you should complete their feedback form which I will provide for you here so you don't have to spend all that time you already wasted!

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback (you might want to bookmark it) and while you are bookmarking, you could bookmark this as well: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16343#U1634...

Cheers!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Filiberto1
Level 1
Bocas del Toro Province, Panama

I'm very surprised to hear that. Personally, I think that "the opposite experience" would look like it does on other websites: a "contact us" page with phone numbers and sitemail forms, visible from the menu. That isn't what they have. Indeed, you yourself literally wrote a "how to" page explaining how to contact them, and I used that page in order to do it. You begin by saying "This, I believe, is the most common question on the Community Center.  Below is a "How To" guide on contacting Airbnb via Twitter and/or by calling their Customer Support Line." Thank you very much for writing that- without it, I may never have been able to do it.

Well said @Filiberto1!  He knows exactly what the OP is talking about, so while his response was ultimately helpful he could have spared the attitude!

Rishi-and-Diane0
Level 2
Stratford, Canada

Hi Leon

I've found that as a SuperHost, AirBnB has gone above and beyond in helping to resolve issues and be accessible to us. This weekend, we had to call about a guest who was using one of our houses as drug party den. They were super supportive and was along with us every step of the way. I agree that finding their contact information can be a little troublesome - it should be easier, but getting them on twitter or phoning the superhost hotline typically is a breeze.

Rishi

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

The first thing I did when I found the Airbnb number was add it as a contact in my phone.  That way I'd never have to search again and I have the number right at my figertips.  All hosts should do this.