contact details for airbnb

Answered!
Theona0
Level 3
Taumarunui, New Zealand

contact details for airbnb

HELP Please I urgently need someone to help me. I am in NEW ZEALAND. This is  my 6th message in 6 days asking the community to help me. I have not been paid and I need to contact airbnb and as yet no one has been able to give me an email address or 0800 phone number. I have been given a Wellington landline number and tried to ring that several times  but are always left on hold and the cost of this is huge as it costs me to waqit and last time was over 25 minutes  and still no one bothered to answer my call. I have not been paid and also I am really upset about the new host, (I am a new host) method of instant booking qwhich I consider unsafe and dangerous. This needs to be removed. I find it unbelieveable that  airbnb does not have a readily availabe contact phone number or email address. I am writing here because so far people on the new host site, there is no one reading this or they don't know any contact details. THIS IS A SHOCKING practice. I am incredibly upset and URGENTLY NEED HELP. If you can give me an 0800 phone number or an email address or even a physical address so I can send them a letter in New Zealand I would be most grateful. Please email me at [Email Hidden] or text me on [Number Hidden]. i ahve been trying to get this information for over  one week and are incredibly upset and frustrated

1 Best Answer
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

HI @Theona0 I can understand how frustrating this is for you, but those of us here in the community centre are hosts just like you and  there is a limit to what we can do which basically extends to giving you the contact details that we have and which AirBnB give us. As far as I know there isn't an 0800 free number, there is no longer an email address and I can't find the address of AirBnB in Auckland.  The quickest way to get AirBnB to respond is currently to send a direct message on Twitter - several hosts had said this works well.

View Best Answer in original post

51 Replies 51

community Elaine & Duane Meet Up Discover Discuss

This, I believe, is the most common question on the Community Center. Below is a "How To" guide on contacting Airbnb via Twitter and/or by calling their Customer Support Line.

Here are 3 easy ways to contact Airbnb:

Airbnb Community Experts
Via Twitter Direct Message @Airbnbhelp
Calling Airbnb
1. Contacting Airbnb's Community Experts

The easiest and quickest way to get answers to any issues is through contacting Airbnb's Community Experts. If they cannot answer your question, they have the ability to re-route you to Airbnb

Step 1: Visit https://www.airbnb.ca/help/contact_us

Step 2: From the bottom of the screen, choose either "My question is about something else" or "I have a different issue"

Step 3: Follow the prompts to figure out what best describes your issues. Some things you choose will take you to specific information whereas others you can fill in the text box and submit your question.

When you submit a question, you can expect an answer back from a Community Expert within five minutes but usually less. If the Community Expert cannot help you, they can re-route your issue to Airbnb who will then contact you. Airbnb Community Experts do not have access to your account information so if it is a question that can only be answered with account information, they will re-route you automatically. Airbnb Community Experts are available 24/7 and again, usually you will have an answer from them within minutes.

2. Contacting Airbnb Via Twitter

I find the second best and easiest way to contact Airbnb regarding any issues I may be having is by using Twitter. Airbnb seems to have dedicated staff who monitor their Twitter feeds and I usually hear back from them within 5-10 minutes of posting my isssue.

Step 1: Log into Twitter

Step 2: Search for @Airbnbhelp and choose "Follow" them

Step 3: Send a Direct Message (DM) explaining your issue and wait for their response. They may ask for information such as your listing but always provide it over DM so it is not public.

3. Calling Airbnb's Customer Experience Line

***Please note that these phone numbers and any numbers below are meant for URGENT MATTERS so it is best to use the above two methods first***

Here are the phone numbers for Airbnb. If the area where you are hosting is not listed, check out the two ways below this list in order to find their number for your area.

United States and Canada +1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)
Argentina +54 11 53 52 78 88
Australia +61 2 8520 3333
Austria +43 72 08 83 800
Brazil +55 21 3958-5800
Chile +56229380777
China +86 10 5904 5310
400 890 0309 (shared-cost)
Denmark +45 89 88 20 00
France +33 1 84 88 40 00
Germany +49 30 30 80 83 80
Greece +30 211 1989888
Hong Kong +852 5808 8888
Ireland +353 1 697 1831
Israel +972 3 939 9977
Italy +39-06-99366533
Japan +81 3 4580 0999
+81 800 100 1008 (toll-free)
Mexico +52 55 41 70 43 33
Netherlands +31 20 52 22 333
New Zealand +64 4 4880 888
Norway +47 21 61 16 88
Peru +51 1 7089777
Poland +48 22 30 72 000
Portugal +351 30 880 3888
Puerto Rico +1 787 919-0880
Russia +74954658090
88003017104 (toll-free)
South Korea +82 2 6022 2499
+82 808 220 230 (toll-free)
Spain +34 91 123 45 67
Sweden +46 844 68 12 34
Switzerland +41 43 50 84 900
United Kingdom +44 203 318 1111

How To Get Airbnb Contact Number If It Is Not Listed Above? (Option #1)

Step 1: Log into your Airbnb account and choose "Your Reservations" from the "Host" dropdown list.

your reservations.png

Step 2: From your list of reservations, choose "Print Confirmation".

print confirmation.png

Step 3: The "Itinerary" from the reservation you chose will load in a new tab. Scroll down and on the right hand side, you will see a section for "Customer Support". Look below and you will see a phone number listed for your area.

support.png

How To Get Airbnb Contact Number If It Is Not Listed Above? (Option #2)

Step 1: While logged into your account, scroll down to the bottom of any page and select the "Help" link.

help.png

Step 2: This will then take you to the Help Center. Select "Resolve Issue" from the list of options on the left.

1 contact.png

Step 3: This will then show you your reservations. Go to the bottom of your reservations and choose, "My question is about something else".

2 contact.png

Step 4: Choose the "Urgent" tab.

3 contact.png

The phone number for Airbnb in your area will be displayed.

4 contact.png

[This post is an updated version of the original post]

Need help? Check out these Community Help Guides! Here is how you can Contact Airbnb!

This is bulls*it!

You can contact them by phone from Croatia in some other country and that will be expensive. 

You can write them in "I have different issue" and they will not respon in 5 minutes, not even in 5 days. 

You can write on facebook and they will not respond or they will write that everything is fin but when you send them print screen of transaction history then they don't reply anymore.

It is really unprofesional to have such poor costumer support. 

Amanda404
Level 2
Lower Hutt, New Zealand

This is my experience too. Communication is awful and they still have my money backdating two months. I'm frustrated enough to start getting obnoxious.

Anna121
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Best answer ever and most helpful also!

Every time I spend an hour trying to remember where button 'I still need help' is located.

Hi guys,

This is just crazy!!  Does not matter what question I post on the help forum, I do not receive any feedback.  I have been struggling with this since the airbnb system changed and it EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. Urgh!!

This is really impairing my funtionality as a Superhost - can anybody please advise anything different?

Kind regards

Desire' 

South Africa

Henning3
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Any number for AirBnB in South Africa ? 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Theona0,

Welcome to the Community Center, it is lovely to meet you.

It is great to see you are finding your way around here. I know you have posted the same message in a number of different boards now and so I just wanted to highlight that you have received some great responses with information containing the different ways to reach the Support Team. As seen in @Elaine-and-Duane0's message here for example. You can also see the same information with diagrams displaying this in this Community Guide (created by a host here in the CC). 

I hope you find this useful and get this resolved. Also, just to mention as your posts are publicly visible for safety reasons I have had to remove your personal information from your post. I hope this is fine with you.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Theona0
Level 3
Taumarunui, New Zealand

I still do NOT have any contact details for airbnb and am out of pocket for  over $100 and am stiull trying to get contact details for airbnb. I can't believe how there is no way to contact them???? I haven't been paid and while people have been kind (most people) I am no better off. I still don't have aqny contact details for airbnb. I think this is wrong. This is a huge fault with airbnb and needs to be addressed. there needs to be  a way that hosts or guests can contact airbnb surely this is one of the most important things in any business. How am I suppose to get my money from them???? IAs I said I rang the local Wellington number 3 times the first time I waited 15 miuntes, this cost me $10.00 and no one answered. I was left on hold. The second time was 20 miuntes and I was left on hold at a cost to me of $18.00. The third time this was  for 25 minutes at a cost to me  of $20. Now please tell me if this is acceptable? No of course it isn't! I should NOT have to be chasing them up for money they owe me  at my expense. This is a huge problem with airbnb and needs to be addressed. Everyone should be supporting me with this. I don't think it is acceptable that people are telling me that the easiest way to get hold of them is to send them a message on twitter, that is unprofessional. And peoples comments about.... "well if you don't like it leave." they are unacceptable. and unhelpful. I am actually trying to do all  the people on airbnb a favour by addressing a problem within the system and clearly it is a problem because no one has  an answer except to say  that sending a message on twitter is the quickest way. Surely twitter is like facebook and we are dealing with money here and peoples homes and people and safety issues. Surely twitter is not an acceptable place to contact a business that deals with people money and income and homes? People  here shouldn't be putting me down for trying to soret out a problem with airbnb. They should be supporting me. And I still have no details on how to get in touch with airbnb and that is all I wanted. So you think it is acceptable that I am $100's out of pocket and still can't find away to get hold of the people who have my money?

If they continue this lousy practice of holding host money then switch to homeaway. Homeaway pays hosts immediately upon booking. I wonder if airbnb collects money upon booking too? 

Of coarse they do! Its how they profit on the spread. No different than insurance premiums, or refunds that take 7 days to six weeks to refund.

Hi Lizzie,

Thank you for your message re contact , unfortunately although I have your email I cannot get back onto our messages on the site, being a new host has its small challenges!

I was trying to reach someone in Airbnb about my photographs on my listing which until a day or so ago were displaying just fine, however when you click on them now they are without the correct light value , when you advance to the next photo for a split second the light value comes back but does not hold.

We have tried this on our  - Laptop with several different browsers , IPad, phones and IPhones to no avail all the same if that is happening with potential guests we are not being presented very well on the site?

Also we have noticed when you click on show all photos they do not load until you change the screen resolution on a laptop from say 100% to 75% which again is a little concerning.

Any help or suggestions you can give us would be great please. Kind regards Nicola & Graham

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Nicola60,

Nice to meet you. I have just taken a quick look at your listing as a guest would and the images look like they are displaying as they should be. I can click through them fine and the photos look to me as being full colour. I wonder since you post this has anything changed and is everything as normal on your end? 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Jo80
Level 3
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hi

After being a host for some time on Airbnb I have had a break after having a baby and moving home. I am now ready to hsot again and have several questions. I cannot believe it is so difficult to now contact someone from airbnb. What is the advantage in making it so complicated to make contact? It was always easy to email and get help that way. I would expect that most people who need support are not going t find their answer in the FAQ page. Please can you provide me with an email address so I can converse with someone from airbnb and answer my queries?

Lee83
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Lizzie, 

Just joining this conversation as the something happened to me on a canellation and its not my fault. I have the entire conversation on my inbox feed.  My guest booked for the entire December (high Season) and then notified me that the person she was booking for is now bringing a whole bunch of other people with them and my apartment will be too small. So she said I can go ahead and confirm a cancellation. So I cancelled. NOW my calendar wont update and my entire Dec is blocked. 

Not my fault and I have been trying to contact Airbnb but it is virually impossible. I will be missing out on an entire month in my high season which is not fair. 

Please Airbnb can you advise what I can do here. I am loosing out big time here because it is high season in Cape Town. 

Thanks