How to Offer Your Listing to Those Affected by US Travel Ban: A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

How to Offer Your Listing to Those Affected by US Travel Ban: A Community Help Guide

If you are looking at offering your listing for those who are affected by President Trump's recent Executive Order preventing people from entering the United States, here is how to do this.  Please note that you would be offering your listing for free.

Step 1: Go to https://www.airbnb.com/immigration_support

Step 2: Click on the red button "Volunteer your home"

re1.jpg

Step 3: Choose the listing that you wish to offer and then the date range you are able to offer the listing then choose "Submit".

re2.jpg

Step 4: Wait to be contacted if Airbnb has a placement.  You can remove this by emailing allbelong@airbnb.com

ref.jpg

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

5 Replies 5
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

So the suggestion from Brian Chesky that AirBnB would be the ones providing free accomodation was a touch misleading, they are looking at Hosts to do so.

David

In the sense that we are all Airbnb, @David126? I know! When it suits...

I have no onjection them facilitating free hosting, for those who are interested.

Would have been easy to say just that rather than say it is something they are paying for..

David

Did AirBNB asks its hosts to offer free hosting to Iraqis and others from the six additional nations during President Obama's identical ban?

Lisa-And-Nicos0
Level 1
New Jersey, United States

Hello,

We are new with hosting on airbnb and are only doing so through their Open Homes platform (specifically to assist immigrants and refugees). Can someone who has also hosted on Open Homes, reply as to their experience?  We haven't had any responses to our posting and I am not sure how organizations that assist this population (such as the International Rescue Committee) are supposed to know about our posting. Does airbnb promote to these organizations so that they are aware of what's available?

Thank you