Airbnb iphone app

Daniel236
Level 3
Dallas, TX

Airbnb iphone app

My app is showing that I have a message, but when I go into the app, there is not message.  MY thought was there is a notification somewhere that I am missing and need to view, in order for it to be marked read.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Also, I tried deleting and re-installing the app but the ghost message notification still shows.

Thank you.

75 Replies 75

DISASTER ! After one new read message, its frozen at 1 again...

@Daniel236 if you are the only one who can undo marking this as resolved, please do, thanks.

I did not mark it resolved and do not see a way to mark it unresolved.  Guess I'll start a new one.

Brett24
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

That's not really a solution if you do not want to log in with those three prescribed options.

Worked.

Nick76
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Same here. Logged out/in with Google and after one message the app notification "1" is still there. We should mark this article as Not Resolved.
Ken40
Level 2
Kitanakagusuku, Japan

Now I have a "2" on my app...

The sounds are ringing when I get a new notification but not consistantly.

I am wondering if this is an iPhone model issue.  My wifes iPhone 6 doesn't have the "2" but my 5S does.

Ken, I have I phone 6S and still "1" 😞
Ken40
Level 2
Kitanakagusuku, Japan

Sheesh - this is getting ridiculous!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Lovely to meet you, my name is Lizzie and I am the Online Community Manager here.

Just to let you know @Daniel236, as requested I have removed the featured answer on this thread as it doesn't appear to actually be resolved. 

I can imagine this is really frustrating for you all. I am feeding this issue and your feedback on this back to the Team. How long have you been experiencing this problem with the app?

Do keep us all updated here if you find a solution or there is any update. Hopefully it will get sorted soon.

Thanks,

Lizzie 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks Lizzie,

When taking this "to the team", you could mention that a few of us have submitted bug reports through the app at the "Give us feedback" area. I can't estimate when this started for me, but it's been probably a few weeks that I've consistantly had a "1" notification badge, on my iPhone 6s. I am getting notification sounds fortunately.

Since 2 updates ago for me. Did someone update to iOS 10 ? Any improvements ?

No fix with iOS 10

Te0
Level 3
Sandy, UT

Is this the right place to resolve issues like this? Can't believe a post that has 56 comments still has not a single resolution!

I didn't upgrade to 10... Still have the problem. If we didn't get back to our guests within 24 hrs rating goes down. How many hrs does Airbnb get?