Charge to use the ktchen

Daphne2
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Charge to use the ktchen

If use of the kitchen for cooking is not advertised, what does anyone think is a fair charge to allow this?

2 Replies 2
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I do nt think any charge would be fair.  You either allow access to kitchen and include it in the rate or you do not allow access to kithchen and state so in the listing.  Surcharges other than cleaning fee would not be a good move and could affect your ratings and optional fees can cause confusion and misunderstandings.

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Thank you for bringing up this contentious topic. Some people believe that it is immoral to charge for a kitchen.

They are wrong - it is a service and an expensive one at that! Furthermore, my experience with letting guests use my kitchen only lowers my ratings due to increased scrutiny.  

Dependent on your pricing ( budget vs luxury) I think  $10/day is very fair.

That way, if they leave kitchen a mess, take over the refridgerator or  leave a lot of garbage you can hire a housekeeper to minimize the damage.

If you have that wonderful cook (clean, considerate) , you could also rebate. 

I am assuming you have minimal cooking facilities for free - a kettle, microwave.

Once again thank you for broaching this subject.  The myriad of choices is what makes airbnb strong and give guests what they want and the ability to pay for what they want.