cancellation

Kim-And-Ann-Sophie0
Level 1
Dunsborough, Australia

cancellation

in the house rules it clearly states no leavers, and maximum 2 people, someone booked for 3 people and they are leavers, so i had to cancel the booking but now the date are blocked of the calendar how do i fix this?

how do i contact air bnb? thanks

5 Replies 5
Noel63
Level 10
Coober Pedy, Australia

What is a leaver, @Kim-And-Ann-Sophie0?

Hi Noel, a leaver is a person in their last year of high school and they come down to Dunsborough to celebrate and party at the end of their year. 

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Kim-And-Ann-Sophie0,

You can't unblock the dates. Blocked dates are one of the penalties for cancelliing.

I’m a host. What penalties apply if I need to cancel a reservation?

You have instant book so I'd contact Airbnb support to discuss the circumstances with them.

Type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

Thanks for your help!
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

When you cancel someone (even because they happen to be a 'leaver'), you can't rebook those dates nor be a Superhost for a year and a few other punishments.