Wifi lock recommendations - Giving up on LockState

Adam-and-Carol0
Level 3
Kissimmee, FL

Wifi lock recommendations - Giving up on LockState

We've had a couple of Lockstate locks installed on our Airbnb rentals for the last 8 to 10 months and have had so many headaches with the software, installation, delays receiving the product, and not to mention today one of our locks physically broke when a guest went to use it and is now unusable, which didn't leave us very impressed, so we're looking for an alternative now. Something we can rely on and trust, and not be the cause of us being woken up in the middle of the night by panicked guests who can't get inside their rental. We'll admit, their integration is 'nice' but at this point we'll gladly enter guest codes in manually upon booking in favor of reliability.

Does anyone have any recommendations? The more robust the better, cost isn't necessarily a concern at this point.

We also prefer something that's built into the door handle, and isn't a deadbolt because of battery life considerations too.

Thanks

4 Replies 4
Adam-and-Carol0
Level 3
Kissimmee, FL

We just wanted to add that LockState's support is replacing the broken lock for us, but we're still open to suggestions of other types of locks for other properties we're looking at launching on Airbnb soon. We really can't complain about the level of support provided by LockState, which has actually gotten better over time.

I'm not sure if you have them in Canada, but we just installed a Schlage Connect smart lock on our door and are loving it so far.  It's linked to our Wink Hub and we can create and delete codes from our phones. 

@Julia636 Yes it is available in Canada: I use this lock and I like it. My only complaint is that I find their Android app to be a bit glitchy. It won't let me delete codes, for instance: only my husband can delete them. It used to work fine, but it stopped working after a recent update.

We use a lockstate  ls-6i   A problem with them is that there is a brass bushing and a small spring and a "pin" about the size of the top of a ink pin that people click from time to time that drives people crazy.  Anyway getting back to the lock.  Over time the bushing will get pushed out of the round cylinder that operates the lock engagement.  When that happens the lock will sound as if its working but when you push down on handle nothing unlocks.  Just remove the seven screws from back of lock that is on outside of door.  Get the 3 pieces that I mentioned that are laying inside of lock.  Drop the spring inside the cylinder, put in the small bin in next and then push the brass bushing down over it. and shove all the way down.  The small pin will operate up and down like a ink pen.  THEN either put a small drop of crazy glue on brass fitting or a small bit of solder.  All should work from now on...