Transfer my vacation rental

-Gabriela--Karin0
Level 2
Hawaii, United States

Transfer my vacation rental

Since I am moving back to Europe I want to sell my properties that include a vacation rental listed with Airbnb. Can the listing be transfered to a new owner? Since I have very good reviews, the new owner might want to keep them....

I will have my last guest checking out March 14 and will then close the unit until it sells.

Mahalo for your help,

Gabriela

1 Reply 1
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @-Gabriela--Karin0

Airbnb does not allow you to transfer your listing, reviews and references. The other person would need to create their account and start a new listing from scratch.

If you have current reservations, you would need to contact them all via the Airbnb messaging system and see if they would be willing to keep these reservations with the new owner of the listing.  Once you have confirmed with all your existing reservations, the new host would then contact Airbnb.  They will then look through your messaging with these guest, cancel the reservations penalty free to you, and allow the guests to rebook with the new hosts.

To get the new host started, you could provide him/her with a reference.  Here is a guide for providing a reference: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/References-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/20222/highlight/tr...

All the best on the sale of your home.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host