San Antonio Texas Legislation

Lyn13
Level 3
San Antonio, TX

San Antonio Texas Legislation

LEGISLATION, HOA'S, HISTORICAL AREAS, OH, MY!!!

There is a lot of talk about Airbnb's in Texas. My property is in San Antonio and I have heard that San Antonio is going to make it a lot harder on Airbnb's to operate. Things such as limited number of permits to operate, and to get a permit you have to have property inspected and up to their code of standards, with fire estinguishers, escape route posted, Home owners associations, historical districts, etc. This scares me to death. 

I know that Austin, our neighboring big city, was hit with some regulations also.  Nothing has been inforced since the last county/city meeting, but they will be discussing again this next year. 

Has anyone hear anything, give pointers, or experinces with legislation and restrictions??

Lyn
39 Replies 39

Hello Airbnb Hosts,  I am specified in San Antonio Airbnb Cleaning . If you seeking a cleaning service for your Airbnb feel free to get in contact with me.  For more information please call or text. Sauberpros.com 267-584-0350

looking forward hearing from you.

Thanks

Ilona

Jackie396
Level 2
Canyon Lake, TX

I LOVE living next to a short term rental. Different jackasses every night.  I pray for the day the septic  finally explodes and it will, with 5-10 people a night🙏.

Tam53
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

I just opened an airbnb without looking deeper ugh

I'm one month in  a half invested without a permit.

my question is will i get penalties for these days?

Hi @Tam53 I am looking to start in San Antonio soon. Last I read, they were looking for a contractor to enforce permit . How has business been going for you so far? Any recommendations for cleaners?

Welcome! @Theresa311 

I'm all good now tho it is slow starting all over. And the months are slow but should kick back up once the holidays start rolling in. I clean my space but I can share you some contacts. And id like to check out your space.

@Tam60 that would be great! How many other Airbnb's do you have in TX? That is surprising about the slow days/ months. How close is your place to the AFB? I would expect occupancy to be high year round given all of the graduations.

@Theresa311  I just have one I'm 10mins away from the base but I think its slow for me because I just started. I'm new to the game. Let me round up them numbers and I'll send them to your email. Please

I’m planing on starting to host beginning/mid November. Any updates on how your permit went? Or any penalties?

@Patricia2162  good day! I had not had it long to get penalized. So I just went on and did all I had to do. It did not take long and was easy to do. They ask for a blue print of the layout, fire exits and parking areas. If you need someone to mock them up for you please feel free to reach out to me. I create them.  I also create murals and art for airbnb

@Tam60  I would be interested in getting that done.