Can I decline super host status?

Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

Can I decline super host status?

Has anyone ever voluntarily asked to have it removed? 

I will call with my request and post the outcome here 

37 Replies 37
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The badge on here is a bit annoying, my first thought is why, does notmake any real difference of consequence.

David
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Dee9 Be grateful! Do you know how lucky you are for earning that title?Some hosts on here will never get this badge so enjoy it.Don't forget that the title will help you get a better rank in the search list which will definitely bring you more bookings.If you got the Superhost title it means Airbnb thinks you deserve it!Good luck and happy hosting 🙂

@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0 no that is incorrect. My ratings do NOT fit the criteria for super hosting. They are fine & my guests are content the way things are. Last week I got a warning email that I decline too many guests. So how can I be a super host this week? It’s a glitch or it’s a farce. 

Either way I am not interested in being a super host or the pressure that comes with it. 

Im going to call this weekend but was just wondering if other hosts have declined.

thanks for your feedback. 

@Dee9 I have doubts that any host has ever ask Airbnb to get the title removed.

Try to contact them via twitter @AirbnbHelp.Good luck!

Diane,

I had my super host status removed because I too denied too many guests says Airbnb.  Very upset that I have a 4.8 rating out of 5 and because I denied 4 reservations over their last review quarter they removed this status from my listing!  This is something new they've begun referring to it as Hospitality?  Telling me I need to work on my hospitality or I my account may be revoked?  My declines have been do to dates were not available as requested as guests don't always read our information thoroughly.  I don't allow pets or kids and I often get reservation requests for these, so I decline those.  I also do not allow large groups or guests to host events as we live next door and parking is limited.  Very frustrated and disappointed in recent changes they have made.  Appreciate anyone else's comments or experiences about Super Host status and declining guests requests. 

@Dottie6

my ad states in capital letters FEMALES ONLY. but I still get requests from men asking will u make an exception. So I make a lot of denials. I get that freaking email warning from Airbnb  like once a month! 

Yet they claim I’m a super host. Haha 

I had a lengthy talk with an Airbnb staff member in the Phillipines about this Hospitality Issue, as to how can I increase this rating if they're stating denying 4 guests is too many?    She was evasive and wouldn't give me a clear answer to my questions on how one improves hospitality ratings, if it's not based on declining reservations then what is the issue exactly?  So frustrated with their support for hosts, always seems they favor the guests point of view and needs, not the host.   Have you experienced that or have I just been unlucky with the service representatives I get when I call in?

@Oomesh Kumarsingh-  As one with Superhost status but not one who uses Instant Book, I can tell you that it does not seem to bring one up in the search rankings at all. I don't find being 64th out of 91 to be superior ranking.

Hahaha 

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Dee9 ,

never read that someone wants to decline superhost status, but Your idea isn't bad.

If everyone would decline, they could forget about  their 4.8 pressure.

@Ute42Thats whats funny. My calculated rating is 4.6. So how did I get the status anyway?

Hi @Dee9 I don't know. Ask their computer.

This same computer suggests to a host in Wilmington to lower the

nightly rate from $43 to $18, but the host has an occupancy rate

of 90% already. I don't know what's wrong with this guy, read the hole story:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Just-in-case-you-need-a-laugh/m-p/752015#M178247

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Dee9  It's clearly visible via your star rating you're at 4.5-4.7 with a half star, but was that from 1-2 of  your 2 July reviews? Were you at 4.8 on June 30th?  

If they won't remove it you could always cancel someone and it will go away for at least year ;D

@Letti0

thank you for making me laugh out loud