New Airbnb App

Alexandros9
Level 3
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

New Airbnb App

What is everyone's thoughts on the new Airbnb app? Overall, it seems as though it was rushed to release, as well as a few oversights. 

Firstly, I can no longer see what days in the calendar are smart pricing versus days that I've hard coded a price due to events in town. 

Secondly, the app crashed about 6 times as I was moving old messages to the archive. 

Next, typing in the forums has to be done almost blindly, a because when I move the screen, it no longer allow me to type. 

The inbox box is pretty great though, with the labels of upcoming, current, etc and also the ability to archive old messages. 

Iverall i I think they need to tweak the app to allow us hosts to see which dates are smart pricing vs hard coded because that's fairly important. 

What at are your thoughts?

4 Replies 4
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Alexandros9,

It is great to hear your feedback on the Airbnb app and how you would like to see it improved. 🙂

Are there any other thoughts on this?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

My Airbnb app just crashes non stop. It's the latest version of the app on my iPhone 6S plus running 10.2.1 

I've deleted it and reset my phone, reinstalled it, opened it, and it will let me browse until I switch to hosting. Then it crashes. After that it won't open at all. It just keeps crashing. 

Hmm. You have everything up to date, so that's definitely mysterious. They had an update two days ago, I believe. 

I have an idea if you're interested. Reinstall the app, and I will send you a message (or you can have a friend do this instead, if you prefer) from your listing. Have your phone locked, slide the message, and click view. I'm just trying to think of another way to get into the app without having to click through to "switch to hosting". 

Before that, try deleting the app through settings. Just tap settings, scroll down until you find the Airbnb app, tap it, then delete app. And reinstall from there.