Tax form help! Did not receive tax information from Airbnb for 2015 W 8ECI form!

Huong0
Level 1
Garden Grove, CA

Tax form help! Did not receive tax information from Airbnb for 2015 W 8ECI form!

Hello! I received the gross earnings of around $3000 for my host service in 2015. I need to fill in the tax form W8 ECI and need the form 1042 s from Airbnb to finish it. It is stated that they need to send me that form before the end of March as required from IRS. However, I never received one. What do I need to do? Also, is there anyone who filed the same form with me, W8 ECI.? I have no idea where to start and what is the deadline for filing that tax form?

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it!

2 Replies 2
Desiree3
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi @Huong0,

I'm Mattie, a Tax Associate from Shared Economy CPA. Airbnb should have sent you a 1042 with all the income you received from hosting. This form is used to record income received by foreign individuals from U.S. sources. The form is required to be filed by March 15 to Ogden Service Center P.O. Box 409101 Ogden, UT 84409. If you need an extention you can file Form  7004, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File Certain Business Income Tax, Information, and Other Returns. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or need more assistance at mattie@sharedeconomycpa.com

Misha6
Level 1
New York, NY

Hello, 

I'm in the same situation. I haven't received the 1042-S form, and I need it to file for my tax declarations. Any ideas how we can reach out to AirBnB to ask them to send it? 

Haven't been able to find a way to contact them about it.

Thank you,

Misha