Incorrect review

John1432
Level 2
Cairo, Egypt

Incorrect review

Guest wanted to come in with a proststute. I refused her entry.. so he left a vrry bad review thats effecting my listing . Airbnb refuse to remove it.eventhough its obvious he mentioned lies. What should i do?

16 Replies 16
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

You may only reply to that review - make sure you word it correctly, @John1432

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Why would the company allow people to lie

@Marzena4 wrote:

You may only reply to that review - make sure you word it correctly, @John1432

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@John1432 Airbnb has no way to verify what's true. You just both tell your sides of the story. I think your response is too long but okay, and it does make him look worse than you. I would just try and move past it.

Maybe if you had been honest in your review of him they would have considered it more seriously: all I see on your review of him is very nice guy, which is odd considering what you say happened. 

I sm always honest. I saix the truth he was nice.

Thanks

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@John1432 

John hello, I have no way of knowing how you approached Airbnb with regard to this review but Airbnb will never (and has no right to) try to overide the laws of the land.

You simply state to Airbnb CS that Egypt's laws prevent you from allowing this guest to stay with an unattached person of the opposite sex and you require them to remove all traces of this hosting as it may implicate you in the breaking of the country's law.....John, they will remove it, no questions asked!

But it is no good approaching CS and saying this guest gave you a bad review.....blah, blah, blah!

Tell them the guest required you to break the law and John, it will be a done deal.....gone! 

Cheers......Rob

They knew all that. Still dont want to remove it.😁

@Robin4 wrote:

@John1432 

John hello, I have no way of knowing how you approached Airbnb with regard to this review but Airbnb will never (and has no right to) try to overide the laws of the land.

You simply state to Airbnb CS that Egypt's laws prevent you from allowing this guest to stay with an unattached person of the opposite sex and you require them to remove all traces of this hosting as it may implicate you in the breaking of the country's law.....John, they will remove it, no questions asked!

But it is no good approaching CS and saying this guest gave you a bad review.....blah, blah, blah!

Tell them the guest required you to break the law and John, it will be a done deal.....gone! 

Cheers......Rob

They know all that. Still dont want to remove it😁

They know that its the law.still dont want to remove it

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@John1432

I find it hard to understand why Airbnb would not remove that review John, because it does contravene Airbnb's own content policy......

Content standards.png

My feeling is I would contact CS again and stress the illegality of the situation and ask (if neseccary) for a Supervisor to have the review removed.

John I fully understand your situation and I agree totally with what you are trying to achieve here. I know others may say, 'well you don't have any proof he was a pimp or anything else' and all you are trying to do is get a poor review removed, but that is not the point, nobody has the right to condone you breaking the law.

I would give it another go mate....all the best.

Cheers......Rob

Thanks alot for your sympathy. I called them 23 times.no  no no is the answer.  

I am thinking to take my listing off the site.

😁

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@John1432 - When did the guest stop being a 'very nice guy'? 

Well .he was acting nicely.so i cant deny him that. I just didnt like the fact that he is bringing s prostitute

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@John1432

You should contact them on Twitter so that you have it all in writing and include that you have been seeking advise on the community center and also refer to the airbnb review content policy @Robin4 so kindly is pointing out to you, refer to the very paragraph Robin has outlined, copy it in your message.  

John1432
Level 2
Cairo, Egypt

Thank you for uour concern. Please tell me how to wrie on twitter.🤔