First time hosting

Sharon-And-Chez0
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

First time hosting

Good Morning Everyone!  This weekend will be our first time hosting. Everyting is ready and we are excited.  We dont want to give outr guests a key and since I work from home I will be here to let them in. We also can leave our door unlocked if they are out late and they can let themselves in. Does anyone give their guests a key?  Would love to hear from you.

6 Replies 6
Evelyn0
Level 10
Arkport, NY

Congratulations..  Why don't you want to give them a key?  

I alway give my guests keys. I don't want to be waiting or for them to feel they're disturbing me. 

Imagine you go to a hotel but you can only go into your room if someone lets you in. Not a lot of fun.

Thanks for responding. Never thought about it that like that. You are so right. First time and a little nervous but very exicited to start this new venture. How long have you been hosting?

Kris12
Level 6
Pattaya, Thailand

Not giving the guests a key is the weirdest thing I have read here today. If you don't trust them with a key, how do you trust them to sleep in your home?

Of course the guest gets a key, they shouldn't rely on you being home to let them in or feel like they are disturbing you if they get home late.

But congratualations with your first, make sure to get a good first review.

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Sharon-And-Chez0 Many hosts use a keypad lock so that they can give each guest an individual code which is then deleted once the guest checks out. That way, the guest never has the keys and never has the host's code.

Cynthia-and-Stuart0
Level 2
Chilliwack, Canada

Hello, This is our first time hosting....our guest has paid the full amount to Air BnB to reserve but is wondering if they can get their deposit back and pay cash upon arrival for credit card limit reasons. I feel quite good about the guest and have agreed. Just wondering if its best to cancel the reservation and the money be returned or is there anther better way? Thanks.

@Cynthia-and-Stuart0 You posted this same message elsewhere, on its own. Go read the replies there.