Guests leaving early, how to issue partial refund and make days available?

Deirdre2
Level 10
Louisville, KY

Guests leaving early, how to issue partial refund and make days available?

I have guests that booked my townhouse for 18 days for a temporary work assignment.  They have been told that the project is being put on hold and they will be leaving 3 days early (so they will leave the 17th instead of the 20th).  I would like to offer them a partial refund for the these days and make the dates available for other bookings.

How do I do that?

4 Replies 4
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Ask the guest to go in to Airbnb and change their reservation.  Airbnb will automatically issue them any applicable refund when you accept their reservation change.  As a host, DO NOT do the changing/cancelling as there are penalties.

Thanks for your reply.  According to my cancellatio policy, there is no refund due. 

Then after they have changed their reservation and you have accepted, you can send them however much you would like to send them through the Resolution Center.

@Deirdre2

But if you agree to a reservation change it is not regarded a cancellation and they will be refunded accordingly.  It is as simple as that. You can also issue the change from your end - there are no penalties involved as this is NOT a cancellation.  

You go to "my reservations", find the relevant one, choose change or cancel, choose change, then enter the new dates.  A message will be sent to the guest for them to accept.  Once accepted, the unused days will be unblocked in your calendar.