Cancellation Policy

Mel8
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Cancellation Policy

I am hoping someone can help me with this... I had a guest book our cottage in Venice last night for next weekend.  She then realzied that she had booked the wrong weekend... so she had to cancel it as my place is not available the following weekend.  Although it says I did...  What I am frustrated about is that I am a superhost and my calendar is being blocked for something I did not do... AND there is absolutley NO way it appears to reach out to cooperate Airbnb... if you have advice I would greatly appreciate it!  thanks!  mel

7 Replies 7
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Mel8,

You should contact Airbnb as you are the third person of I heard this happen to today.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

I kind of can't even begin to thank you enough for this... 🙂  Thank you Dave!! @Dave-and-Deb0

Hi @Mel8,

Not a problem.  I enjoy helping fellow hosts along their hosting journey.  

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Done!  And those numbers are beyond valuable!  Thank you!! @Dave-and-Deb0

@Mel8, as your experience within AirBnB grows, consider feeding back into the Community's help system. I know that I learned a lot from other, more experienced hosts such as @Dave-and-Deb0, and others. Understanding how confused or almost panicked newer hosts could be (as I was at certain points early on) led me to try to help when I could. Sometimes I got it wrong, but more often it helped someone with at least moral support or at least a clue if not the exact answer.

Whether you end up contributing once a month or once a day, it's still a good thing.

I keep having two weeks in the summer one in July and the other in August, show up blocked. No idea why. I'm not using another rental service, so I do think there's something going on with the system. I've had to go in and reset those days to available twice now. 

@Dede0 I will definitely do that!!  This was my first glitch in a year plus!  I have been active in the Venice area... but not on the internet community... It certainly helped me so much in this matter!!  Thanks so much!