AirBnb sent email "guest found another place to stay" when I didn't confirm them?

AirBnb sent email "guest found another place to stay" when I didn't confirm them?

Hi, it's a bit worried, there was a request which I declined because guest seemed suspecious.

Later on I got this email from AirBnb, how come? I am a bit worried.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Guest found another place to stay

Your pre-approval wasn’t accepted because Guest has booked another listing.

11 Replies 11
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

Just what it says on the tin - the guest has booked elsewhere on airbnb, so it's letting you know the case is closed.

Hi, the problem is that I did *not* Pre-Approve the order as AirBnb's email implied

yes, it seems weird... only way to find out what happened is checking with Airbnb about it, but I doubt they will look into it. Did you possibly pre- approve another guest/ inquiry? Maybe check in your message folder.. in my message folder, the few people whom I had preapproved who then booked somewhere else, it says "not possible". like wise, the guest that you declined, it should show up as "declined" 

@Annette33 I don't think there is a way to actually contact AirBnb without a dispute process

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes you can - just use the search function here and search Contact BNB - phone number for cutomer services will come up.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Nir4  If I am reading your post correctly, your main concern is that you found the potential guest "suspicious".  If that is the issue, go to the profile of the traveler and use the flag under the name.  You can share your concern and Air BNB will look into it.  Your flag may be important to investigate.

@Linda108 No this is not my main concern.  My main concert is that a guest was somehow "approved" without me approving them.

@Nir4   It could be a glitch, unless Airbnb has changed their policy and are now pre-approving all guest inquiries. I suggest keeping a close eye on your account and calling Airbnb to see if anyone else has reported similar.

I think this is a bug.

I still don't feel comfortable that AirBnb's system may account me for being "declined" instead of what really happened - i.e. I was the one to decline.

this bug may have an effect on search results visibility - i.e. will sort me to be last on the assumption of last chances for booking.

@Nir4   The guest doesn't decline a host, they just don't book.  In fact, if you decline a guest it is more likely to affect your listing negatively.  As for visibility, I have given up on figuring that one out, it's a riddle with no answer.

Meana0
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

It is a bug -- just happened to me as well. I declined a guest, and later received this email when she booked another listing. 

Personally, I'm glad to finally start getting emails that the guests you're corresponding with have already booked elsewhere so you don't miss out on other reservations while you're waiting for someone to confirm a reservation within 24 hours who has moved on. But, this bug made me worried also -- why did my action of declining the guest get me a systemic message about pre-approval. Hopefully it is resolved soon.