be easily accessible to hosts

be easily accessible to hosts

I had a situation where I really needed to speak to a live customer service person.  I was on the website for hours trying to figure out how to speak to someone.  Another host thankfully had posted 3 ways.  1) telephone - I called 2 times was on hold 20 minutes each time never got to speak to anyone. 2)  I went to the commmunity help and it sent me around in circles but no live person 3) twitter - i dont have an account, I dont want an account - twitter is a way to speak at people not with people.  This is the worst support I have encountered with a company that is also making money on my listing.  I dont have 2 hours to waste when I need support.

9 Comments
Cormac0
Level 10

@Debbie106

I don't think a day goes by when someone is not in the same predicament, spending hours trying to contact Airbnb only to have some kindly HOST explain the convoluted process which involves all the things you mentioned in your post and a considerable amount of time.

The only help I can give you is persevere or contemplate moving to another platform.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer’s Club Krakow

Debbie106
Level 5

Thats ridiculous that hosts have to go through such frustration.  This is a mutually beneficial business relationship.  They can easily reach me anytime, I should be able to do the same.  We dont have to suck it up or move elsewhere, we need to pressure them to improve their communications.

Cormac0
Level 10

@Debbie106

As I like to say welcome to Room 101.

There is a web site called AirbnbHell which makes for interesting reading as it give host's a guest's view of Airbnb and I found its gave me a more balanced view of what guest have to go through.

I think Airbnb should actual vet in person properties and Host as part of their package and have a bricks and mortor office in each city they have clients.

Mind you that might cool the venture capitalist interest in the company, but would greatly improve Host, Guest and Airbnb working relationship.

Debbie106
Level 5

hahaha that's funny AirbnbHell, ive got to check that out.  Well Im a host but I was a guest first and I just booked another stay next month so I will get to see what the review process is like.  Apparently its evolved into much more detail since I last stayed a year ago.  Ive decided that I can only do my best as a host, Im not going to sweat it if my place isnt a good fit for everyone. 

Cormac0
Level 10

@Debbie106

I agree with your senitment, most of us are in the same boat and have come to the same conclusion.

Bronwyn15
Level 1

I am encounting the same level of support.  I have just listed and are only getting requests from people who have just joined in Feb 2017...they have no reviews so I am loathed to accept them when they dont have a review -I do have a fear that the first person to stay will put me off!!  Has anyone encounted fake/dummy profiles?  Thank you

Debbie106
Level 5

I havent encountered fake profiles however I have encountered people making bookings for other people therefore they bypass the verification process.  Now I state that I will check id's upon arrival.  I also confirm when the person books with me that they are the one who will show up.  You learn as you go.  But Ive way more good experiences then bad.  I also learned that I can only handle guests for 3 days at a time, more than that I it feels like a disruption to our home.

Wyatt
Host Voice Admin
Status changed to: Archived

Bronwyn15
Level 1

Can someone please help me, I have added my payment details to be via paypal but the link will not work.  -It might be me.  I have now received an email stating if I dont 'link' to theb payment it will be returned to Air B n B.  -If/when it is returned to Air B n B do they then contact me to change my payment method.....I have just changed to go into a bank account rather than Paypal.  Thank you