Renters ask questions using a booking

Renters ask questions using a booking

Renters often use a booking to ask questions with no intent on booking. I have received spam as well as guests asking questkons using a new booking that eventually leads to a lack of response or decline which affects your acceptance rate. Please prohibit this practice.
7 Comments
Stephan2
Level 10

I had spam two times now from commercial parties that want to help me by hosting when I am on holiday. They work with fake bookings to get my attention. 

Bruce28
Level 1

I disagree.  I've helped many potential guests make decisions with information that I've provided.  The host's ability to communicate with potential guests - before a reservation is made - is an essential element.

Andrea311
Level 1

Give potential guests another avenue to ask questions without having to select a fake DATE to get answers to questions.

Dave28
Level 2

I too have had guests book but only ask a question. Most recently it was a fella asking how many times my home is rented since he was looking at purchasing something in the area.

Wendy32
Level 2

The most annoying of these are questions that are already answered on the site, like " do you take dogs?" They just try it on in case you'll make an exception. The other most popular question is " can you give me some directions" these too are on the site but as people's attention spans are becoming shorter & shorter, they just don't read anything!

Same issue here in winter haven. ..

Does anyone know if airbnb resolved/or working on this?

Thank you 

Paula 

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived