Provide direct host support

Provide direct host support

Airbnb is getting worse...as a host, things are getting worse as VRBO is getting better.  I cannot communicate directly with Airbnb anymore.  My latest issue is that I just got a notice that a reservation request was terminated without response.  In fact, I declined this reservation, and communicated it within the Airbnb system to the potential visitor as well as to Airbnb.  I didn't ignore this request...I had several messages explaining why I could not accept the reservation.  To get "dinged" for not responding is total bull**bleep**.

8 Comments
Gina32
Level 10

The more I read through the Host Voice the more I get the sense that Airbnb is not listening or taking notice or not reading or DOES NOT CARE.

Yes Airbnb there does need to be a more convenient way for a host to contact a real person in your gigantic organisation. 

Michael636
Level 1

You got it right, "DOES NOT CARE" -- their systems are failing and their communications are deplorable... putting a lot more energy in to VRBO now.

Amy203
Level 3

It has become impossible to reach somebody. I have a question and I have been trying to navigate th help centers for about 20 min. and I can't even find out where to ask questions of the community at let alone of airbnb itself. Here's my question if anybody knows how I can get it answered:

As per a previous member of the community suggested, I actually contacted a guest to ask why they had rated my cleanliness one star, as I suspected it may have been a mistake and indeed it was! Below is a copy of my guests reply and my reply to her. In her replies she asked if she can change it, she admitted that she did not mean to leave one star. Here are those copies and thanks in advance to anybody who has an answer for my guest Joy (lujia)

oh thank you so much for your reply! I'm so happy to know that it was indeed a mistake :-). I don't know if it can be changed but since you did say you did not mean to do it I will try to send your comment to airbnb to see if they can indeed change it. I'm just relieved knowing that it was a mistake and I'm glad that I got it figured out. Thank you again and I will let you know if I find any thing out.

I am so sorry that i made a really bad mistake on the (URL HIDDEN) shouldn't be just one star!!! There must be something wrong on the system. How can I re-do my comment?
Today at 8:14 PM

Gina32
Level 10
1-855-424-7262

Local Numbers
United States +1-415-800-5959 +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)
Amy203
Level 3

Thank you!!!

Gina32
Level 10

@Michael636 have you seen this one, myaffitto its' new. Look at the layout!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Amy203
Level 3

call me dense (Or old! LOL) but I really don't much understand how these strings and comments are working but I still haven't really gotten an answer to my question: my guest stated in two different e-mails that she did absolutely not mean to give me a one star for cleanliness and would like to change it if it's possible. It was a mistake, she apologized, and it if it is able to be done I would like that off my" permanent record" ha ha. Can anybody answer this question?