New leadership

New leadership

Clearly Airbnb has gotten too big, too fast for current leadership.  Time to step aside boys and bring in someone that knows how to scale this kind of operation (from an operational standpoint) and push back on your current investors who apparently just want more and more revenue without investing in infrastructure.

10 Comments
Cormac0
Level 10

@Michael636

How did you recognise that elephant hiding behind all of those star ratings?

Cormac0
Level 10

^ Star

Gina32
Level 10

@Michael636 @Cormac0

You are very perceptive gentlemen.

I have been thinking along these lines for a bit too.

I have today received an email to list with a new company check this one out myaffitto. might be something @Dunny0 wants to look at too.

Dunny0
Level 6

@Gina

@Micha1

@Cormac1

Thank you Gina! I will have a look at these folks, chat with them.

Dunny

Dunny0
Level 6

Hi @Gina57

@Michael636

@Cormac1

@Cormac0

Found the myAffitto people and site. Awaiting a reply.

The outline, concept is still corporate, controling, like

ABB of 5-7 years ago. It's from Malaysia of unknown financial backing.

That said, we like visiting Malaysia. Probably Malaysian Chinese with Singapore relations, as these are the most common enterprise/business people of Malaysia. Unknown ethics. Could be interesting as one of many avenues of tarveller connection. 

Will post here again what we find.

Cheers, Dunny

Gina32
Level 10

@Dunny0 the layout of the site looks identical to the early ABB 🙂 wonder if it is an affiliate?

I too have sent an email asking some information, haven't had a reply yet.

watch this space 🙂

Gina32
Level 10

@Dunny0 @Michael636 I got a reply. Waiting on more info. But yes based in Malaysia. He spent a lot of time in Australia. 

Dunny0
Level 6

Hi.

@Gina0

@Michael0

I too received a brief reply. The man appears young 25-35, a Jason Teh.

English with Chinese patterns, grew up in Australia he says. No information on funding, will wait for more. Was in real estate, so may think that way. Site barely set up, started last year. No mention of a game plan. May be looking for investors to fund, grow, be acquired. 

My hunch, may be wrong. ABB from long ago all over again. Have a look. 

We're looking a grassroots way, ethically, community, club,

association-oriented, a natural way, not corporate.

Dunny0
Level 6

I should add, just based on experience living in Asia 32 years, with all my family here Asian, and having done business in Japan and Taiwan, having been the correspondence point man for Japanese executives, that mentioning ethnicity and age are relevant. The part of China is indicitive, too, as there are varying cultures in the mainland. Generally, Shanghai is getting better, have even gone to dinner with great guys from Guangzhou, next to Hong Kong. Singapore and Malaysia are iffy.

Real estate is for men to make big money quickly. Young men are ambitious. The morality is loyalty to family, not principle-based on 

as in 'honesty is the best policy', but there are solid good folks, too. Most want to know a person well, know all his family before any business/enterprise. Just my take. China Telecom men/women are OK.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived