E-Shop for hosts with products having AirBnB logo

E-Shop for hosts with products having AirBnB logo

TL;DR: I need to buy a box of one-off slippers with AirBnB logo, and maybe more products with AirBnB logo.

Short story long:

I'm hosting my apartment in Czech Republic.

As you might know, it's quite a big thing in Central and Eastern Europe to not to wear shoes inside the house or apartment. I come from Czech Republic, partly live in Czech and travelling a lot to Ireland and other Western European countries. Czech Republic is one of the countries, where the people find walking in shoes inside apartment as a rude thing. In Ireland it's however quite common to wear the shoes, so I can see the confusion and conflict between the two "cultures".

I'm myself big fan of removing shoes in my apartment, and I can easily put this information into House Rules. However some guests might find walking barefoot or in socks uncomfortable, so I was thinking what would be the best way to deal with that. I think the best would be to buy and provide the guests with one-off use slippers for every guest. If I would be able to offer slippers with AirBnB logo, I think that would be a great marketing strategy and it would be beneficial for all parties involved (AirBNB itself, host, guest). I believe it would be also a good souvenir for the guests.

Do you have or do you plan to create any sort of internet shop where hosts would be able to buy some useful stuff with AirBnB logos, such as mentioned slippers, toothbrushes, maybe even bed-clothes, sheeting etc for some better prices?

I believe that way you would be able to build the brand even more.

Best Regards,

Martin

8 Comments
Merrill0
Level 3

IKEA has $1 slippers, but without any logo. Just sayin'.

Martin127
Level 1

They have indeed. But without the logo as you said. It'd be nice if AirBnB can participate in supporting the hosts in this matter and grow the brand at the same time. Killing two birds with one stone.

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Dieneke0
Level 10

Hello Martin

I didn't realise that you had posted about this. I just posted a similar request. I don't ask guests to take off their shoes, but I discovered that particularly Chinese and Asian guests have the custom to take off their shoes and wear slippers. 

So I have made the suggestion for Airbnb to produced Airbnb branded slippers, and sell them to us at cost, or for free. As this is a great publicity for Airbnb and us hosts.  

It seems that a lot of people purchase them at Ebay and they are pretty cheap and to be used as a one off. But if they are Airbnb branded guests will take them home and spread the word. Do like my suggestion, I just posted it today.

Kimberly97
Level 2

What a great idea!!

I like it!

Sylvia132
Level 2

Fantastic idea and so practical!

Sylvia

Dieneke0
Level 10

interesting, because this idea seems to have been shelved by Airbnb. I bought slippers from IKEA which are washable. 

Still it would be nice if Airbnb produces them - for special occasions, or we keep them and wash them in between visitors?