Display 'From' price again when searching without check-in/out dates

Display 'From' price again when searching without check-in/out dates

In the last 72 hours in London, Airbnb brought in a new 'feature' or 'policy'.

Now when a guest searches a specific area, if they don't specifiy check-in/out dates, the search results are listed with NO prices attched. Prices only become avilable when guests enter check-in/out dates.

Frankly, I think this is a disaster, but I'd love to hear Airbnb's thinking behind it?

From my perspective since it was activated, my listing views have collapsed and wish-list adds are non-existent.

Guests don't always know their travel dates, so they like to browse areas, seeing photo's and prices that appeal, and wish listing those places to come back to later. Now, for guests to see prices, check-in/out dates must be entered and if an apartment doesn't happen to be available for those specific dates it isn't even returned in the search list.

6 Comments
Mary-and-Jeff1
Level 3

I would also love to hear why Airbnb has done this.  I cannot figure any benefit.  I use the no date search feature all the time to find palces to stay.  It is particularly important when I am flexiable as a guest to know what is out there and maybe I will change my dates to allow me to stay in a special place.  Bad move as far as I am concerned both as a host and traveler! ! ! ! ! !

Linda108
Level 10

Hmmmmm.  This does not happen when I search without dates.  I see all the listings and the home page price.  I am working from a PC so does that make a difference?

Karin29
Level 3

I believe it does Linda. I came across this issue on the app. Tech support said they were updating he app. The app display's my oringal price, and not those from the current calendar, which is higher. It's a bug

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni

If we search for places without being logged in and using an anonymous browser, we can still see the prices.

Donna15
Level 10

I posted here on this topic several days ago, although I was referring to the fact that prices don't show up when you click on a host's listing within the forum. 

Here's what I wrote.

"I note that when I click on a host's profile to view a listing, the nightly fee no longer appears. 

To me this seems counter-productive, and is frustrating for two main reasons:

1. If see a listing that I want to add to my 'wish list', I most certainly want to know the price. It's an essential factor. 

Not having it visible is a disadvantage to potential hosts, and - by extension - to AirBnB;

2. I want to be able to give an informed response to questions posted by other hosts. When I look at the poster's listing, the price might be something she/he would be advised to either lower (e.g. if there's a concern about no or few bookings) or raise (e.g. if a concern is about a constant lower standard of guest)."

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived