Differentiate between children, adults

Differentiate between children, adults

I feel like to start with it would be nice to have people enter in the total # of guests 13+, total # of children 0-2, and total # of children 3-12. 

-Some people feel their property isn't great for children.  If people started marking children in their party, then that would provide the system a chance to automatically warn the guest "hey, this host has stated their property is not appropriate for 0-2 year old children" or something like that.

-It would be nice to charge different rates for extra child guests vs. extra adult guests.  This could become unneccessarily complicated, but as a parent I understand why a person wouldn't count their 1 year old as a guest in the current system - the child will probably shower or bathe with the parent or a sibling, sleep in bedding they have provided, won't eat anything to speak of, etc - in short, that kiddo doesn't really cost much extra to bring along - just as airlines don't charge for lap babies.  Different hosts may have different opinions on this matter, but it would be nice to be able to differentiate and have separate xtra guest charges for different age groups.  

-My setup would probably be a little crowded for five unrelated adults, but it would be perfectly fine for four.  However a family of 6 would probably be quite comfortable.  Since I have on instant booking, it's possible for 5 adults to book, but what I really mean is "hey, family of 5, go ahead and book" not "hey, 5 college buddies, come flop on mattresses in the basement".  I would like to be able to setup my max # of guests to be 6, with no more than 4 13+ in the party.      

6 Comments
Sandra126
Level 10

Great idea. Then the lines will be blank if you don't offer accommodation for the particular age groups. But the age break-down I would like to see is 0-5 and 6-12. To say 12 and up for me would be wrong as I like all the ages past the sub 5's.

Stephanie6
Level 10

I really want infants to be separate from other children, not lumped in with toddlers+.  I'm willing to allow an infant for no extra charge, but toddlers touch a lot of surfaces with sticky fingers and require extra attention during cleaning.  The booking guest also needs to think of how old the infant/toddler will be when they arrive, not at the time of booking.  We have had several "infants" that are walking toddlers by the time they arrive to stay with us.

Leslie41
Level 2

Yes, PLEASE!!!!  Add ages of children in inquiry for guests!  It makes a huge difference for me as a host of a Bell Tent for Glamping. 

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Vicky124
Level 1

Yes, I would also like to be able to charge for extra adult guests but for children under 18 to go free.

Michael1561
Level 1

I agree with Vicky- I would also like to be able to charge for extra adult guests but for children under 18 to go free.