Confused Host

Confused Host

I am a long-time Airbnb host and I just spoke with a representative about a situation regarding my house.  My house is not showing up in any standard search results currently because apparently my response rate is subpar.  The Airbnb employee was incredibly friendly and after he looked back in history at my response times, he was bewildered as to why my response rate was indicated as subpar instead of excellent given that I have a long history of providing prompt responses.  The Airbnb employee could easily see my track record of quick responses and he could not make sense of the situation.  He then suggested it could be a result of the way Airbnb's algorithm calculates response rate.  He was baffled that this was happening though.  As a result, now my house is not showing up in any generic search results in the area in which it is located.  This will no doubt dramatically reduce my ability to rent our house.  The kind Airbnb employee suggested it was a flaw with the Airbnb algorithm and he was remorseful when he indicated that there was nothing that could be done about it.  He said I would simply have to wait until the next date in which the algorithm reassesses my response rate, and then hopefully my house will again appear in the list of standard search results.  This will not occur until next month though.  Sometimes algorithms need tweaking to ensure they are working properly.  As a loyal Airbnb host, I kindly request that Airbnb reconsider this algorithm and address this flaw. 

5 Comments
Carolyn48
Level 1

Can't you upload your property as a new add in the mean while? When the new assessment is correct you can always deactivate it.

Carl28
Level 2

I have had a different but similar circumstance.  There should be a mechanism to elevate to adjudication and resolve quickly.  For some people (myself included) this is a business upon which income is relied upon.  

In this person's situation it's a catch-22 -- if you can't be found, you can't get inquiries to respond quickly to in order to appear in the search results.  Penalizing someone through a mere glitch in the algorithm needs to be addressed quickly.

Helen-G0
Level 2

I am having the same problem. After reaching SuperHost status, my property is no longer appearing in searches of our area. I have contacted AirBNB and an waiting for a response. Suggestions?? Thank you

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Jero1
Level 2

I have been trying to correct the cheaty tourist business in my Country by telling you the reality of what Balinese tourist service doing but Airbnb does not help. What I found in my town airbnb does not work well such they have more powerful information in the illegal hostel in Toya Bungkah due to I know all Tourist business in Indonesia is treating under regulation BUT ALMOST THE HOSTEL OR HOUSE WITHOUT GOVERNMENT LICENCE ARE RECOMMENDED BY VISITORS WHO LIKE CHEAP PRICES WITHOUT POLICE OR GOVERNMENT CONTROL. While the licenced hotels, travel agents are not in relation mostly to the AIRBNB. Price negotiator and easy going travellers are the types of travellers who can corrupt the Indonesia country's revenue.

Bad tourist or host attitude is controlled discriminately be the airbnb. payment once lost from the real transaction, I don't know where the money is going but the guest CRISTIAN said the paid already today but I did not get confirmation from airbnb team even though the guests were staying already a week ago. My suggestion AIRBNB should send peoples only to the legal hotels and travel agencies to assure airbnb is an encourager and construction firm,