Bring back Inbox to Android Phone App

Bring back Inbox to Android Phone App

Hello,

The phone app seems to have gone through an update, and there are a few issues I am having.  (I am an Android User).  One is a bit of a bug, the other is just an overall design issue.

The new app displays something called "Host Home" that seems to have displaced the inbox.  Airbnb in announcing this 'upgrade' noted that inbox was the most used feature, but in update seemed to miss an important fact:  the majority of my "inbox" conversations are not with upcoming booked guests.  The most urgent messages of course are the ones where someone would like to book and is asking questions.  Those should show up under "reservation requests" but that is the bit of a bug - at least on my phone, this "Requests" section seems to be very slow to populate, and sometimes never does.  So I get a text message, and it is incomplete because that is the way text works for some reason, so I switch to the app to read the full message, and the request is not there.  It makes the app a bit useless for me in that regard.

The next most common reason I need to talk to someone is because they have left and left behind something, or have a question about something, etc.  Again, these guests do not show up on the host home screen because they have departed and it has been more than 24 hours.  So to see those I have to go over to the calendar, guess which day they stayed on, click the day, click their profile, click to the message section...which seems a bit complicated.  

Would it be possible to just have a standard inbox on the app?  Or to at least fix the reservation requests portion of the host home page so it populates with requests?

2 Comments
Alice-and-Jeff0
Level 10

The Inbox is listed under your Profile tab on the app.  Personally, they should remove the "stats" tab on the app and put the Inbox tab there, IMO.  

Dennis19
Level 3
Status changed to: Archived