Banish Stars

Banish Stars

Stars for location - why is this necessary to assess when guest selects
Iisting and knows location in advance.
Stars for overall experience - what the heck is that? I got 4 stars on overall because it rained.
Stars for things under hosts control are fine.
Why rate guests with stars if hosts can't see it???? The narrative comments are the only criteria hosts have to decide whether to give access to their private homes.

5 Comments
James1
Level 10

I got one because it was foggy (San Francisco) and the guest had to smoke outside (in the aforementioned fog!). I love sharing my hou$e 😉

Danny21
Level 5

I sometimes get less than 4 stars because, and this feedback I've had a few times... 'Location could be better'.

Sorry but if I'm booking somewhere, I book that matches my needs. I do the research, I do the local fact-finding i.e transport links etc.

For me to turn round to a host and say 'location could be better' is just an absolute insult!

This actually does damage to peoples' listings.

I also got 1 star because a guest didn't bring a map and got lost!

Who's fault is that!? Mine apparently.

It should be removed.

Carl28
Level 2

I agree with you on the uselessness of the overall star rating, but don't agree on the location rating.  In cities the appeal of a location can vary from street to street.  It's not reasonable to expect a traveler to research to that detail ... besides, that Location star rating IS part of the research data.

Carol95
Level 2

At last someone agrees

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived