Access to 'Host' section on homepage

Access to 'Host' section on homepage

Please could you make it easier to access the 'Host' section from the homepage when you have just logged in.

At the moment, it first involves going via your host avatar to another page (e.g. 'Edit Profile') before 'Host' appears on the bar at top.

Once 'Host' has been added to the bar (by going via another page), it is then accessible from the home page. So, why not as soon as you have logged in?

This has been happening for quite some time now.

8 Comments
Roland85
Level 1

I have the same problem...

Anonymous

Same here.

Sarah977
Level 10

The menu bar which contains the Host option does appear when I log in on desktop. But when I click on my profile photo, I get a limited menu below it. I then have to go into any option on the Host drop-down menu, then when on that page, what appears under my profile pic is totally different. For instance, Transaction History is not there when I first log in, only when I go first to something else, like Calendar, Listing, Progress, etc.

Emiel1
Level 10

Use https://www.airbnb.com/hosting , login and that's all (or replace ".com" by whatever you use)

Daina4
Level 1

I agree. Please make it possible to select which homepage opens as a default, Hosting or Travelling. It's frustrating as a host not to have easy access to that page.

Daina

Sarah1161
Level 1

First of all access to transaction history keeps getting moved to a different label.  Last weekend it was under Progress.  Now I cannot access at all because the drop down menu defaults to add another listing or something stupid like that and needs a photo id validated.

Need access to transaction history quickly and easily, otherwise why are we doing this anyway?

Sarah977
Level 10

@Sarah1161  Yes, totally agree- there is no reason why the Transaction page cannot be listed under the drop-down menu under "Host" on the top bar, along with progress, calendar and the rest of the things that are now there- it's an essential thing for hosts to be able to access quickly without going through a bunch of other steps.

Deborah391
Level 2

It would be so simple to include a Host button on the home page – it infuriates me that I have to log in every time I want to check my calendar or messages. And it's not just this: the Airbnb website is one of the clunkiest and least intuitive around. Airbnb need to do something about the site design.