intelligent pricing lower than my minimum fee

Sarah202
Level 2
Rheine, Germany

intelligent pricing lower than my minimum fee

Hi all,

The intelligent pricing just offered my room with a lower price than my minimum price and now I have a request. What can I do and how is it possible to get a lower price than my minum price? I would loose money to that offered price. Can I change it before they book?

Thanks in advance.

Sarah

2 Replies 2
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi, that shouldn't happen if you have definitely set a minimum price on Smart Pricing.  You will not be able to change a request to book already received with the lower price. However you should contact Airbnb and report the situation to them so they can check your settings from their end. On the rare occasion if they find that it is a system glitch, if it is not a huge amount they may kindly top up the difference but not guaranteed.

I would suggest you contact them ASAP via telephone so you can go back to the guest with a firm answer to decline, offer increased price or with plenty of luck, accept at current offer if Airbnb do agree to top-up. But basically, like you say, it’s not worth letting the accommodation out if you will be running at a loss!

Click on link for contact options - Contact Airbnb

I hope you get it sorted quickly,

Ama

It might be due to weekly or monthly discounts.  That I think could override your minimum price.  I think this happened to me.