Views - lack thereof

Emily42
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Views - lack thereof

Hello,

I have been listed on Airbnb for 1 year.  I have had 0 inquiries, and VERY few page views - I'm talking like 1-2/month.

I have been told to lower my rate - and I have - to much lower than I feel comfortable with actually but I am hoping it will at least get me 1 booking and 1 review.

I was told that I need reviews in order to get bookings, but if I have no page views, I obviously can't get reviews. I feel like I'm in a catch 22.  I have just received my first reference, with another on its way.

Any other suggestions? Help!

Thanks

7 Replies 7
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Can I ask and this will sound really silly in view of your enquiry re lack of bookings - are you fully booked?

Your calendar would suggest you are either fully booked or have blocked lots of dates – please see breakdown of you availability below

June 16, available dates -12th, 13th, 21st, 29th and 30th. None of these will get booked because you have a minimum stay of 4 nights; so your listing won't even show up in June

July 16, available dates - 1st, 14th, 15th, 29th and 30th.  Again, none of these will get booked because you have a minimum stay of 4 nights; so your listing won't even show up in July

August 16, available dates – 14th – 31st. This is the first opportunity for your listing to show up in a search if a guest is looking for accommodation of 4 or more nights.

You need to have availability to get bookings.

Hope this shades some light...

Ama

Its the lack of page views that I am concerned about.  I don't have any full open weeks until August.  But I am not getting any inquiries for then.  Its summer so typically busy season for me.

But you make a good point. I should change my minimum 4 night stay.

Thanks!

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Emily42 I can understand your frustration with no inquiries especially going into the Summer season.  I took a look at your listing and there are a couple of things that confuse me or that I suggest you change. 

1.  Your profile picture is of a pool.  Guests like to see a picture of the person they will be dealing with. 

2.  Your profile says you are in Canada.  Is that true?  Who does check in and check out for you?

3.  Your listing says $99 per night with an occupancy up to 8 people with no charge for extra guests.  Really?  So if I and 7 friends rented your space we could all stay for $99 per night?  Such a deal!

4. Since you are on Instant Book I would mention the resort fee in CAPS early in the listing description.  Right now it's buried in the description and, sadly, most people don't read all the details.  And, guests tend to get upset when confronted with extra fees they didn't anticipate.  Keep in mind that when guests pay for a booking they think they've paid for everything.  

5. All guests are permitted to use the pools, water slides, correct?  Since they are in your pictures I would assume so. 

Overall, your listing looks very inviting.  And, at a reasonable price as well.  Here's a link which may give you some tips on how to improve your search rank: 

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/39/how-are-search-results-determined

Hope some of this helps and that you start getting tons of requests!!

I would imagine lack of availability is a factor.

Price looks good but I do not understand the Resort Fee, is that per day no matter how many stay?

I assume you also use other places to rent?

David

Hi @David126

I don't have anything after 2nd week of Aug - typically summer is a busy time for me so I expected to get some interest in Aug.

The resort fee is per day (not person) to access all the resort amenities. I wish this wasn't so, but beyond my control.

No, I don't use other places to rent, not sure what you mean by that?

Hi Clare, thanks for having a look.

1) I shall change my profile picture

2) Yes, I live in Canada, and I have a local property manager for my rental

3) Yes!  Only $99/night for up to 8 people, I think its quite a deal too, so can't understand why no hits

4) Thank you that is a great suggestion

5) Yes, all guests are permitted to use the pools, slide etc.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Daniel-Rusteen0
Level 10
California, United States

@Emily42 I review hosts listing for a living. I also am an Airbnb host, guest, prior Airbnb employee, and Airbnb property manager (hopefully this gives me some cred!). Airbnb will never tell you their secret sauce, but two things I notice to help with views are:

1) Changing the title

2) Changing the cover photo

If you give your URL, I'll be happy to look at it.

I recently put this site up to make my business more official, feel free to poke around! 

www.AirbnbListingAnalysis.com

*Please like my post if it was helpful*