cancellation as host with instant booking

Chris407
Level 1
Charlottesville, VA

cancellation as host with instant booking

I just listed my home forgetting about peak weekends in my area.  I listed my home during graduation weekend at about HALF the cost of the going rate per night.  NEW TO THIS!

Can I cancel the booking and relist for more $$$?

3 Replies 3

NO! Don't cancel. Airbnb penalizes you significantly for canceling. One of the penalties is they block your calendar for the nights you canceled so then you won't be able to book anyone. They may also charge you fines. also you wouldn't be eligible for super host for a year. Better to use this as a learning experience and opportunity to get a good rating!

Thank you SO MUCH. Ok, just started as a host last week.  So hard to figure out the right price for the right time. 

I figured, just was unsure!  Well, that person go a great deal and Ill use it as a learning experience. Thank you for the tip!!

Ira4
Level 10
Athens, Greece

@Chris407 

this is the relevant text of Airbnb rules:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/i-m-a-host--what-penalties-apply-if-i-need-to-cancel-a-reser...

For Instant Book hosts only

Hosts who use Instant Book MAY be able to cancel penalty-free if they have concerns about the reservation or a guest’s behavior. Calendar inaccuracy and confusion about pricing or availability are not covered by this policy.

So, in your case, I don't think that it is possible. Don't do any cancellation before making sure from Airbnb that you can do it without penalties.