How can I sync AIRBNB calendar to ical on my MAC?

Answered!
John70
Level 1
Sedona, AZ

How can I sync AIRBNB calendar to ical on my MAC?

Hello,

I tried following the instructions to import the AIRBNB calendar to ical on my MAC.  I cannot get it to work and have no idea where to paste the link as instructed.

Is there a way to sync the calendar to Mac's ical?  I do use ical calendar through iCloud. 

Please help me with a step by step process to make this happen.  Thanks for your time.

1 Best Answer
Emil0
Level 7
Toronto, Canada

This works well for me....

1. Go into “Manage Listings” found in the “Host” dropdown menu bar.
  2. Click on “Calendar and More”
  3. Click on “Availability Settings” found in the black bar close to the top of page.
  4. Click on “Sync Calendars” at the bottom of the large menu that just dropped down.
  5. Click on the dropdown arrow next to “Sync Calendars” at the bottom.
  6. Click on “Export Calendar”
  7. A box will open with a link.
  8. Highlight the link and drag it to your desktop.
  9. Click on that link and it will go into your downloads folder.
  10. Go into your downloads folder and click on the link. Probably called “Listing….” at the top as it's your most recent download.
  11. A box will open asking you “Add New Events”. Click OK.
  12. Check your ICAL calendar. Your listings should magically appear.

View Best Answer in original post

55 Replies 55
Gen2
Level 1
New Zealand

Hi John, Any joy with this? I have the same problem. I just want to see our AirB&B reservations on my normal mac ical calendar. The AirB&B instructions don't make sense on the mac and there is no obvious place to paste the url. Help!

Thanks in advance 🙂

Emil0
Level 7
Toronto, Canada

This works well for me....

1. Go into “Manage Listings” found in the “Host” dropdown menu bar.
  2. Click on “Calendar and More”
  3. Click on “Availability Settings” found in the black bar close to the top of page.
  4. Click on “Sync Calendars” at the bottom of the large menu that just dropped down.
  5. Click on the dropdown arrow next to “Sync Calendars” at the bottom.
  6. Click on “Export Calendar”
  7. A box will open with a link.
  8. Highlight the link and drag it to your desktop.
  9. Click on that link and it will go into your downloads folder.
  10. Go into your downloads folder and click on the link. Probably called “Listing….” at the top as it's your most recent download.
  11. A box will open asking you “Add New Events”. Click OK.
  12. Check your ICAL calendar. Your listings should magically appear.

Thanks, Emil!!  This worked perfectly.

Oh my goodness Emil!  You are wonderful!  I've been trying to figure this out for my MAC for months.  It worked perfectly - just as your instructions said.  Somehow, I hope your great directions can be more widely seen.  Thanks for sharing!

this is wonderful the first few did automatically upload or sync onto my calendar but they nolonger appear so i have had to go back to entering them by hand, can you suggest what to do to maintain the sync.  there is probably something very obvious that I am missing. I would be so grateful.

Julia, it's strange that it's not successful any longer. Have you updated your iCal lately?

all my software is uptodate, but if I export it all again I presume the ones that did orriginally export will be double ...so boring so I am back to manually entering everything.

Yes, it will create duplicates. But it only takes a few seconds to remove the duplicates manually.

Gary36
Level 2
Stamford, United Kingdom

I have found the link in Aibnb but I am using a Windows desktop and it wont allow me to drag and drop on to my desktop. Is there somewhere in icloud calendar where I can paste the link?

Thanks

I have same problem as you. I am trying to put the calendar on my iPad and pasted the link in my iCloud calendar successfully.. but it is not showing up in my calendar. Did you resolve this issue? 

It worked Great, Thank you very much Emil!

Thank you. I could not figure this out.

Worked - Thanks

Alan222
Level 2
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Thanks Emil, that worked.