can a single guest book double room?

Muhammad3
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

can a single guest book double room?

hi,

I listed a double room with smart price, but a single guest booked it for two days, and on a half price what usually two guest pay. I was in the opinion price set is for the room not with the guests. what is the practice and how can i set it with the room not with the number of the guests?

1 Reply 1
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Right, the issue is that you have two rooms under one listing; you need to list each room separately as the listing can currently be interpreted to mean you get both rooms.

If the guest has already booked the room, perhaps try e-mailing them to find out which of the two rooms they prefer in order to prepare it for their arrival. Hopefully

the gest was not under the impression that they get both rooms and will choose one; I would assume this approach might work as one person doesn’t really need two bedrooms.

However if the guest is under the impression that they will be getting both rooms, then you can ask if there is a second guest or just out of curiosity why they need both rooms. If it turns out that there is a second guest, then you have grounds to stand on  to request additional payment in honour of the booking since you clearly have an additional charge of £20 for extra guest so that should have been applied at the very least.

I would suggest you sort the listing quickly to prevent similar situation.

I hope this is of some help,

Ama